Salmon Fishing Forum banner

Wandering About The Teith

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  keirstream 
#1 ·
Wading towards the end of the season now, water almost summer level, the wind getting up a fair blast and the leaves, following a sharp frost the other morning, were creating a form of consomme in the streams and shrunken pools. Time to look aboot ye, as the say in the Kingdom.:)
First up a hen fish looking attractive still in her advanced state of pregnancy.
Water Salmon-like fish Body of water Watercourse Fish

Then, on a wee side stream, evidence of spawning activity. A bit early for salmon, but after the frosts, who knows? A lump of a redd anyway, too big in my opinion to be a sea trout.
Water Atmosphere Leaf Sunlight Atmospheric phenomenon

Further down the stream, a smaller redd, most likely a sea trout this time.
Water Atmosphere Cloud Road surface Atmospheric phenomenon

Then a wee angry cock grilse that attacked the flamethrower with some venom and punched way above his weight.:)
Vertebrate Grass Wood Fish Salmon-like fish

At this point I should have taken a photo of the beaver activity that has temporarily ruined a great lie in our bottom pool but the light was fading fast and I didn't, sorry.:(
Anyway, back at the car this wee roe scuttled into cover.
Atmospheric phenomenon Grass Grassland Plain Bird

In the middle part of the day, lunch consisted of butter fried fresh scallops washed down with a bottle of fine wine after which we talked even more p**h than usual.
Today underlined how much I would miss the salmon fishing, I hope it picks itself up and continues to provide the enjoyment we have all got so used to and maybe took it for granted?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
For your delectation Cookie Boy.:)
Hand picked from Loch Fyne by my Scuba diving fishing pal.
These 6 lovely specimins, of course, have not been regurgitated from yesterday, but are awaiting a roasting this afternoon.
I'm away to buy the wine.:thumb:
Food Ingredient Tableware Recipe Cuisine

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.