Salmon Fishing Forum banner

Vosseler

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  britfisher 
#1 · (Edited)
Vosseler / Salmologic

Has anyone had dealings with this firm for reel repairs ?

I have been trying to get a reel repaired for weeks but am yet to receive a reply from Vosseler across multiple contact platforms. It's like a black hole. The last repair I needed took 6 months and that's with a form of com open.

It's for a Salmologic reel that is out of warranty

#2 ·
Has anyone had dealings with this firm for reel repairs ?

I have been trying to get a reel repaired for weeks but am yet to receive a reply from Vosseler across multiple contact platforms. It's like a black hole. The last repair I needed took 6 months and that's with a form of com open.

It's for a Salmologic reel that is out of warranty
Surely Salmonlogic will help you out??

#12 ·
I believe it to be a standard bearing.

However, I need a special tool to open the rel and get at the bearing and only Salmologic or Vosseler have it so it has to go to either of them. SL advised to send direct to Vosseler as thats what they will be doing too.

Therefore am in limbo, a manufacturer who wont exactly offer much support since its out of warranty and a reel maker who wont reply.

#13 ·
I believe it to be a standard bearing.

However, I need a special tool to open the rel and get at the bearing and only Salmologic or Vosseler have it so it has to go to either of them. SL advised to send direct to Vosseler as thats what they will be doing too.

Therefore am in limbo, a manufacturer who wont exactly offer much support since its out of warranty and a reel maker who wont reply.
Is it an S series reel ?
If so , you only need a screwdriver to dismantle the reel.

Someone on here pointed me in the right direction of a substitute bearing , but I'm afraid I can't remember who it was. ?

G
#15 ·
I really do not think it will be an irregular bearing. If you can get the old one off then you might be able to replace it yourself. The likes of Brammer or Erik's should be able to sort a replacement for you. If there is no part no on the old unit just give them the inside diameter, the outside diameter, the thickness and the bearing type.

#20 ·
Have only just seen this thread. I recently sent a Classico 3 I'd dropped - resulting in the handle fouling the frame - back to Vosseler to be serviced on the advice of none other than Henrik Mortensen (yes, really) who personally responded to my email query to Salmologic. Sent the reel off to Vosseler, who fixed the problem, converted it from lhw to rhw as I'd requested and sent it back via DHL all for the princely sum of €45. As I wasn't the first owner I thought this was very reasonable.

I've had poor service from a reel supplier myself in the past (Loop), so I know it's *loody annoying if you can't get your reel fixed. However I can't fault Vosseler on the basis of my experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.