Salmon Fishing Forum banner

Trondheim Area 2020

14K views 68 replies 25 participants last post by  daveing 
#1 · (Edited)
Just to have it started ;-)

No significant snowdepth yet, but it has been rather cold for a couple of weeks. Should give a few feet of frost in the ground, which is good for both animals and the snowcover when the snow arrives.

Nearly all long time forecasts tell of an unusually mild winter, but we will see what happens.

The spawning is over now, and from what I hear the spawning count has been OK in both Gaula and Orkla. The run into the rivers was on the low side this year. But many of the fish were 3 sw fish, and very low rivers for weeks gave a low fishing pressure. And this combination of more big fish than avg and lower fishing pressure than in an avg year boosted the remaining spawning stock.

#2 ·
Well I enjoyed my week on the Gaula so much, I have booked again for next year, this time the first week in July. I'm excited already, there should be enough water and fish by then, without the stress of worrying if the had passed the Gaulafosse when I had my week in mid-June ( it was Ok ).

#5 ·
Heading again in 2020 after 2 years of landing with the river closed on both years. Going the first week in July this year as opposed to the end of July first few days of August. Have flights and accommodation booked again and hope to get in a day on the Orkla, seeing it’s proximity and having fished in, albeit by necessity rather than design in the past 2 years. Fingers crossed that in 2020 I will actually wet a line on the Gaula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
To my knowledge, there is no special website for the beat. It has been leased for ages to the same person, who then sells available weeks/days to potential takers. When I fished it, there were a maximum of six weekly rods and one or two season rods on specific days. The catches from 2019 were 117 (average weight 5,5kgs), and the five years average is around 150-
Here is a link with some pictures from 2007, taken at the end of the season and rather low water:
Kregnes felleseie - Laksefiske - Fiskersiden / Hooked
G.

#13 · (Edited)
Yes, it is! :thumb:
There is a member who uses the same picture, but one taken during the summer, as his profile picture! I will respect his anonymity and not mention his name, but now he can use two pictures, one for summer and one for winter if he wishes to :peace:

#18 ·
Yes Gauldalen, my brother & I, were fishing the Gaula a few years ago, unfortunately, the temperature was about 25 degrees most days, with very low water,my brother landed a fish of about
10lb from E6 just below the bridge at Kval, and I lost one a little further down under the wires, I also lost another fish up at tilseth . but overall a very enjoyable week,and a lovely part of the
world.

#20 ·
Not looking good. I am already booked for first week in June but not expecting to get in. Currently if you enter you either have to return home or go into 14 days quarantine. While this currently only holds for the next fortnight it is likely to be extended. I certainly would not book anything yet.

#25 · (Edited)
Just to add some more info on the situation, take a look at the statement of Vegard Heggem, on Facebook, who is the owner and manager of Aunan Lodge on the Orkla.
The link's address for this message is as follows:
Statement on Covid-19 - Aunan Lodge
It summarises well what I was saying further up! No fishery owner/manager is presently in a position to decide what is going to be their policy for the 2020 fishing season!
Let's cross fingers that everything will go in the right direction very soon!:help:
G.

#26 ·
Last week there were lots of correspondence on Facebook pages,referring to No foreign anglers will be permitted to fish on Gaula,only Norwegians.
Some fisheries carrying over bookings to 2021,some offering Norwegian fishers 50% discounts if booking in advance.
Has the Norwegian government confirmed that only Norwegian nationals will be permitted to fish 2020 season?
DB

#34 ·
My point was that the Norwegian government hasn't said anything yet. Nothing has changed since the borders were closed except the quarantine rule being shortened from 14 to 10 days. Until the government do come with anything we have to assume the borders are still closed and cannot put dates on it - that goes for people coming in and going out

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

#36 ·
At today's press conference this afternoon, the Norwegian Government confirmed that the borders are closed for people coming in until August 20th.
Uff- now it's decided.
I nearly can't say thank you Gauldalen. But of course I do for your information. I was checking all Internet informations available up and down today, the day of decision.
But it's hard, very hard. First time after 36 years, my wife and me can't spend the summer and all our holidays in my beloved Norge...
It's so much more for us than the salmon fishing.
We must accept and hope it's a help to bring the situation under control.

Stay safe and healthy !

#37 ·
Fyi, there will be a new assessment of the situation on June 15th and depending on how the situation evolves, further openings might be considered but they are not guaranted at this point in time! Let’s cross fingers! :p
thanks for your wishes and the same to you and your family!

Reactions: wetwader
#38 ·
The Justice Department of the Norwegian government put today a temporay law forward to the parliament, which extends the closure of the borders until January 01st 2021. There is a list of exceptions for specific travellers, but normal tourists and fishermen are not on that list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.