Salmon Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

· Registered
6,885 Posts
I've never tried or used Skagit on my LPXe's, the new Chrome however specifically states its Skagit compatible! along with Shooting Heads and Full lines. I'd not even consider Skagit on my Mk1 LPXe and I'd be less than confident on my Mk2's, although I have used one on my16ft and 17fter, but not in the traditional way!. Might be an advantage to some folk.
Pedro.

· Registered
10,083 Posts
I've never tried or used Skagit on my LPXe's, the new Chrome however specifically states its Skagit compatible! along with Shooting Heads and Full lines. I'd not even consider Skagit on my Mk1 LPXe and I'd be less than confident on my Mk2's, although I have used one on my16ft and 17fter, but not in the traditional way!. Might be an advantage to some folk.
Pedro.
The mk2s are scary enough to cast with a rage head or guideline power taper. Dont think id risk a skagit on mine either.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

· Registered
260 Posts
Out of curiosity I tried a Skagit on my MK1 LPXe way, way back when I got it and is easy now to see how these stiff tip rods can do Skagits but not enjoyably, nor safely. My MK2 has never seen a Skagit head, and won't. Makes me wonder about these new LPXe's and how much they must deviate from the originals. New technologies perhaps may be able to combine the actions which of course would be a huge selling point, but how much of a compromise is it?

21 - 40 of 62 Posts