Salmon Fishing Forum banner
4,901 - 4,920 of 6,432 Posts
After my mercy dash to Mam's at the end of September she's all healed and been hankering to get home.
Got her a big shop in yesterday and drove down this afternoon. Usually a 3 and a quarter hour trip give or take.
Took 4 hours today. Bad timing as I arrived at the last big town, Pontypridd, at rush hour.😖 Getting through is usually a 5 minute trip, which took over 45 mins today.
Get her settled, catch up with an old school friend in the morning, then home.

Rivers and lakes looking a bit healthier than just over a month ago.

The Welsh Dee, Severn, Wye, Usk and Taff all well up the banks.
The three Taff Fawr reservoirs which were very depleated when I last passed are already full.

One wee winter project is doing up the galley are in the boat, The original is solid, but utilitarian and was made of marine ply that was varnished.

So today I'm getting stuck into more of this. I decided to veneer the galley front and doors with sapele veneer (new skill learned) and add shaker style trips all round. Originally I was going to use teak for the wood trims but teak is even more eyewateringly expensive than it was last year so bought some oak which I dyed using Rustins Light Teak wood dye, I'm rather pleased with the colour I achieved as it both blends and contrasts.

Just put the veneer on 3 more doors and I'm away to cut the oak.

Also, whilst I've got the galley in bits I'm adding a pressurised hot and cold water system. Creature comforts for my floating home from home!

This is a before and after of the first door, still needs 3/4 more coats of gloss before a final sand and coat of satin. In between that (once a new 40mm hole saw arrives as I'm b'ggered if I can lay my hands on my existing one) the doors will get drilled, teak ring trims inserted and concealed finger latches fitted.

Wood Rectangle Line Gas Hardwood

Brown Wood Rectangle Stairs Floor

Turn it RIGHT UP then Brian, wouldn't mind sharing of bit of the Reverend myself, got a crate of Corona that's getting dangerously close to its sell by date and I could do with an excuse to destroy it.
Just indulged in a spot of Midnight Rambler so you could say I'm reet in t' mood!.
P.

Wander along the river this morning. Fields full of salmon.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
They look thin, kelt like so hopefully they have done their business.

Unpacking the car and cleaning kit down, as we ended our season yesterday.

Reactions: Elibank
4,901 - 4,920 of 6,432 Posts