Salmon Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Hi guys anyone have any experience with Taimen fishing clothing?
Polish company I think
My Simms G4 Waders and Simms Slick Jacket fell apart after 1 Season, over 1000 Euro !!!
So I bought Scierra Dry Line Waders from Ebay 100 Euro and Wading Jacket and Fleece combination from Taimen 138 Euro delivered to Ireland !! Total 238 Euro
If I get more than one Season out of them , they'll beat the Simms, for a fraction of the cost !!

Taimen and Scierra have had good feedback from other local Anglers and look the part, up there near the Simms in my opinion !!

Go up a size over your Simms fitting in the Taimen jacket and 2 sizes in the fleece and you'll be fine !!!

I'll keep using the Simms G3 Boots, Best out there in my opinion.
Tight Lines,
Tony.

· Registered
5,818 Posts
During the Great Jacket Hunt I tried a Taimen Chuluut jacket. It was of good quality with many features copied directly from the Simms G4. The problems were sizing - the proportions were odd - and communication became their English was so poor. I returned it and received a quick refund. That said they were pleasant and efficient.

· Registered
260 Posts
Easiest answer is to look at what I wrote in Chapter 2 of the Great Jacket Hunt.
Michael

I found your report on your jacket experiences very interesting.

I also ended up with a discounted (50%) G4, end on line from Sportfish, that after a couple of years needed a repair so I spoke to Sportfish to invoke "Simms' lifetime repair policy, a trip to Montana in the next close".

To my surprise it was actually sent to somewhere in Scandinavia, Finland I think!

Anyway, they didn't want to/couldn't repair it, despite it seeming like a simple case of stitching on new velcro on the pocket flaps, so I was sent a brand new, latest model, G4 jacket. Winner:)

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.