Salmon Fishing Forum banner

Spinner making

919 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  sneakypeter 
#1 ·
Just wondering for those who make own lires, id like to order coloured blades but they seen hard to find and a lot more expensive, do people oaint them? If so what sort of paint?

Also for mepps style spinner bodies what do you use? I was thinking of ordering fluro glass beads?

#5 ·
For mepps I use different sizes of brass lures bodies according to the size of blade/spinner I am making. These are readily available through Ebay as are brass beads and cone shaped beads which I have just purchased. I normally use a bodies around 4 grams for No3 blades and 8 grams for no4s as these suit my waters.

#7 ·
On the waters I fish, there seems to be 2 stand out patterns of blades, silver with blue spots for sunny days, gold/copper with red spots for dull days. Spotting blades is easy, just do a few trials, a white spot initially, done with either gloss paint or tippex, then the appropriate colour, I use either a piece of wire, cocktail stick or a piece of liner tube (size to suit), nail varnish works, as do enamel paints, take your time, we all have plenty,
peter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.