Salmon Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fish this river, I had a look at fishpal as I wish to have a cast next year having never fished the river and it seems there are no rods available? Now this might be because fishpal haven't got things sorted with the beats yet, I would welcome any recommendations on where might be a nice beat to fly fish next spring/summer.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
And if you're going much after June, you should consider the Fochabers Association water as well. Aberlour is good in higher water conditions, whereas Fochabers is better suited by low water.

As has been said before, many of the Spey's private beats are still let to full parties for full weeks, so getting single rods for part weeks is likely to be difficult - or if there is availability, the chance of a fish may be slim.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you're looking in early Spring, Orton have just put availability on FishPal. It's a really class beat with top ghillie's and one of the river's finest. Like any Spring fishing at this time, you do take your chance. But if there's cold water this year then they'll still be in that neck of the woods.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've fished several beats over the past years.... I like Castle Grant 1.... Great fly water in my opinion. But, as others have said, the Association water has some great pools to fish and the advice about the wading staff is spot on!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts