Salmon Fishing Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

· Registered
9,736 Posts
Southies had a lift up gella.
My pals off up the Westie. Recons it's up a bit. We will see.
Im busy today and hoped to get out tomorrow after the heavy rain that was forecast for today which isn't happening now.
Tight lines to anyone fishing the lift today.
Was he on the water at 3.00am? Surely back in bed by now?😁

· Registered
889 Posts
I finished early today so went up glen clova for a couple hours to see if there was anything came in on that wee lift.
There wasn't. 🤣 :poop:
Fished through the pools with a conehead then stripped a sunray.
Never touched or seen a thing.
Thats disappointing and worrying.
My mate has been up the last 2 wee lifts and not seen anything either. He has fished the water for 40 + years and never seen it so poor. I've never wet a line up there this year and we are near September. !

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Need a good spate, looking at the odd ones there has been it’s lucky if they last long enough to see one high tide, let alone clear a bit for another few high tides

though you would think fish would be desperate to run on any lift
Thought about Brechin tomorrow but probably save the petrol as if it goes up a bit will no doubt still be manky in the morning then level all gone by the afternoon

· Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Need a good spate, looking at the odd ones there has been it's lucky if they last long enough to see one high tide, let alone clear a bit for another few high tides

though you would think fish would be desperate to run on any lift
Thought about Brechin tomorrow but probably save the petrol as if it goes up a bit will no doubt still be manky in the morning then level all gone by the afternoon
It's rising up gella bridge at the moment so will rise at Brechin later. Might be worth a go Steve.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts