Salmon Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
11,737 Posts
Made it out from 9 to 10.
Im not convinced theres a fish in the beat.
Water was good height, good colour and no clouds on hills.
Nothing!!
I was full of hope today after seeing our mutual pals fish from yesterday and the video of spankers bouncing around the pool. Up the way from your bit and down from mine.

One of his fish was carrying lts!!!

· Registered
11,737 Posts
Yeh thought you were on a sure thing today Andy and was jealous of you on the river as I was sweating my balls off.
I wonder if the fish our pal got in about headed up the glen during the night? :unsure:
Or stayed where they were? The river was mucky early on and had dropped by the time the silt dropped out of it. They may well have just hunkered down out of the silt then thought 'nah' as the levels dropped.

I gave it a good crack. Elie, Crooked, Todholes. Redbraes and Auchenturk. The in the motor and did Mill, Glenarm down to Middlehill. The back in the motor and did a few hotspots around Gella and finished up at the Horseshoe.

Back up the road, walked the dogs, showered rammed some grub down my throat and off to the theatre with friends - I'm fubarred :ROFLMAO:

(ps -if you ain't seen Book of Mormon, then do, it's hilarious!!)

· Registered
11,737 Posts
You not salmon fishing again this year Jason?
Hitting it right is hard enough when close enough to the rivers now adays
I even contemplated the Dee but was surprised to see so few availability for next week
Fools and their money and all that Steve!

You couldn't pay me to fish the Dee atm.

· Registered
11,737 Posts
I know Andy it's very grim, was thinking if rain up theCairngorms and got a lift might get a few fish venturing up
I've only been the odd day the past few years, and never seen much to persuade me back
Used to do well in low water at Tilbouries just a few years back - other than that the Dee's been crap for too long.

I've dumped all my Spring lets, not worth the money or effort. Mind you, I was there with the Dee in the mid 90's. Local rods went out, fished, got fish and started the river up again. Trouble was that within a short period of time the local, supporting rods got dumped off the river.......!

Not playing that game again. If I never fished it again I wouldn't be upset.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts