Salmon Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Englands Pro life jacket which needs a service. Can anyone recommend a service centre in the north east where I could drop it off please? I understand some postal carriers will not accept them now. What is a reasonable charge? I have asked google but think there may be better advice on here! Thanks.

· Registered
747 Posts
I have an Englands Pro life jacket which needs a service. Can anyone recommend a service centre in the north east where I could drop it off please? I understand some postal carriers will not accept them now. What is a reasonable charge? I have asked google but think there may be better advice on here! Thanks.
Try google for a yacht Chandlers they will be able to help you out.

· Registered
5,818 Posts
Service for Life Jacket

Whatever else you do, don't try to send it anywhere via Royal Mail. They classify the gas bottle as an explosive item. I had failed to notice the change in postal regulations in 2012, so in 2013 my jacket was seized and destroyed. Lesson learned. :(:(:mad:

· Registered
259 Posts
My friend who is on Tynemouth life boat crew tells me that Storrars boat builders on the A1058 Coast Road from Newcastle to Tynemouth, junction with Heaton Road will service automatic life jackets, I need to get mine checked as well.

· Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
My friend who is on Tynemouth life boat crew tells me that Storrars boat builders on the A1058 Coast Road from Newcastle to Tynemouth, junction with Heaton Road will service automatic life jackets, I need to get mine checked as well.
In view of the changes to the bed of the Tyne over the winter I have now had my jacket serviced at Storrar (NE7 7RR). Thanks for the recommendation.

They do a very thorough and professional testing job. They do not replace parts that do not need it. Cost me £37 including three parts. Good value I think. Interestingly my gas canister was three years past its use by date!

FYI - They also suggested a crutch strap (£5) for the jacket as it "is useless without it". I have decided against that and will ensure it is tight on my chest. I think it would wear out my breathable waders even more quickly.

Good firm to deal with.

The salmon have arrived up river. Fish lost at Chesters and Chollerton on the North Tyne over the past couple of days. New fish pass having an impact?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.