Salmon Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has nobody started a thread on here for the Clyde this year?
F.F.S. I'm gobsmacked.馃樁馃樁
Anyhow, I was at a funeral today in deepest, darkest Lanarkshire sending off one of Scotland's finest.
I met up with a few Clyde worthies that I haven't seen for a while and it was great to see them all again.(y)(y)
Bruino tried to explain why I didn't get any porridge oats from him last year.
I didn't wear it, tight as 2 coats of paint.:p:p
Anyway, here's to everyone on the Clyde, may you all have your best season ever.
B.T.W. apparently Rodbender is into Hardy rods now, so Bruino was forced to buy a Gaelforce rod from James.
C'mon Dougie, you can do better than that!!!!!:D:D

Registered
Anyhow, I was at a funeral today in deepest, darkest Lanarkshire sending off one of Scotland's finest.
I met up with a few Clyde worthies that I haven't seen for a while and it was great to see them all again.(y)(y)
Anyway, here's to everyone on the Clyde, may you all have your best season ever.
B.T.W. apparently Rodbender is into Hardy rods now, so Bruino was forced to buy a Gaelforce rod from James.
It was nice meeting up with you Tom. Will put you at the top of the porridge list for this year. As I said yesterday you did Mary proud we all enjoyed your eulogy , as to her being crabbit and cantankerous ;);) all the boys at our table never seen this side of her to us she was kind, gentle, and a sister; mother; or auntie figure depending on your age:) It's just a pity at our age's funerals seem to be the place that we meet. Russell and I will have all the fish out the Clyde before you appear this season
all the best John

Registered
I鈥檓 sorry to hear of Mary鈥檚 passing Tom.
Give my condolences to Mick.

Registered
Sorry to here of this lady鈥檚 passing too, I find funerals are extremely challenging times,especially the older you get Tom, On a lighter note,not many fish came our way up off the Clyde last year,although in saying that,some of the young fellas had about 6 or so each, on the Black Cart,I had one solitary fish,at 14 lb,and that was my lot. Tam had 5,he fished a lot more and longer than I did,but that鈥檚 the worst he鈥檚 ever had off the Back Cart. If I remember back rightly,didn鈥檛 the fish not come up the Clyde till very late on,I think I can remember some of the lads on the Leven complaining too. Let鈥檚 hope for a better run of fish up Clyde for 23. Condolences to Mick鈥︹..jimmy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was nice meeting up with you Tom. Will put you at the top of the porridge list for this year. As I said yesterday you did Mary proud we all enjoyed your eulogy , as to her being crabbit and cantankerous ;);) all the boys at our table never seen this side of her to us she was kind, gentle, and a sister; mother; or auntie figure depending on your age:) It's just a pity at our age's funerals seem to be the place that we meet. Russell and I will have all the fish out the Clyde before you appear this season
all the best John
Yes John, I really meant it when I spoke about Scotland's finest.
Mary stood her corner with us all, yes, she had her crabbit and cantankerous moments. However, 90% of the time she was just the kindest, most humorous, honest gentle and generous soul. I alluded to that in my selection of Burns' quotes. I have no doubt her moments were staged for effect. :):)
It worked too. All the guys who graced our party loved their time in the company of Mick and Mary, they bounced off each other to hilarious effect.
It's really sad when people pass and it is difficult to conduct a eulogy and keep yourself together.
We all (those of us that are left) miss that woman so much and she will be sorely missed from the banks of the Clyde too.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to here of this lady鈥檚 passing too, I find funerals are extremely challenging times,especially the older you get Tom, On a lighter note,not many fish came our way up off the Clyde last year,although in saying that,some of the young fellas had about 6 or so each, on the Black Cart,I had one solitary fish,at 14 lb,and that was my lot. Tam had 5,he fished a lot more and longer than I did,but that鈥檚 the worst he鈥檚 ever had off the Back Cart. If I remember back rightly,didn鈥檛 the fish not come up the Clyde till very late on,I think I can remember some of the lads on the Leven complaining too. Let鈥檚 hope for a better run of fish up Clyde for 23. Condolences to Mick鈥︹..jimmy.
The water came too late for me in the Clyde Jimmy, so not a good year for me there.
It was difficult all over Scotland last season.
Doesn't matter much to me now though, the older I get, the happier I am just to get to the river for the craic.(y)

Registered
I鈥檝e just saw this I was gutted not to get to Mary鈥檚 funeral and as you say she鈥檒l be sorely missed by a lot of us 馃檹

1 - 12 of 12 Posts