Salmon Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
11,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You couldn't make it up - drought since spring and now all the years rain seems to be coming at once. I fear for the early redds if tomorrow comes to pass :rolleyes: :(

It 'persisted' down on Tuesday and has done so again today since the morning. On top of that we have an Amber warning for another 100-150mm of rain tomorrow! All the rivers are big already and rising fast - add in tomorrows forecast and there'll be serious flooding and damage to the rivers.:(:(

More wet weather forecast over the next week too.

·
Registered
849 Posts
You couldn't make it up - drought since spring and now all the years rain seems to be coming at once. I fear for the early redds if tomorrow comes to pass :rolleyes: :(

It 'persisted' down on Tuesday and has done so again today since the morning. On top of that we have an Amber warning for another 100-150mm of rain tomorrow! All the rivers are big already and rising fast - add in tomorrows forecast and there'll be serious flooding and damage to the rivers.:(:(

More wet weather forecast over the next week too.

exactly my concerns too for tomorrow burns at capacity today any more rain will cause lots of damage amber weather warnings from midnight ant tomorrow bin the area

·
Administrator
2,682 Posts
This is what happened here Andy, no rain from April until mid July then flooded conditions. Best wishes for all you fellows and this is a good time not to live along the banks of a river.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Shes looking big this morning. Just seen this pic on the rothbury page. The haugh is under water again.
Has there been any redd counts yet ? Just unsure wether they would have started yet as weve not had a decent frost yet.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
As a friend has just said, it might not be a day for a dry fly.

Water resources Water Sky Natural landscape Land lot

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Seems like all parts of the country have had a huge amount of rain at different times in the last few days.

Due to the time of year and the very mild temperatures to date, hopefully there won't be many redds to wash out yet but these floods do seem to come along fairly regularly now.

·
Registered
11,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 67 Posts