Salmon Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Who has used this modern tying, has it worked for you? and if you have any photo references of tied versions please post a photo
Hi Rotenone, never heard of it - so had a quick look - as ever, Global Flyfisher is a good starting point - looks like it's a super heavy beaded version of a frances.

Cheers, Patrick

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hi Rotenone,

I stumbled across this pattern on youtube earlier in the year and liked the look of it being a Francis fan.
Got onto foxy-tails website and bought the various beads and cones. Adjusted my take on it and oot came the following wee flees. Had all my fish this season on them🎣🎣🐟🐟🐟

Twig Wire Pest Wood Transparent material

Artificial fly Bait Fishing lure Fishing bait Insect

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Hi Rotenone,

I stumbled across this pattern on youtube earlier in the year and liked the look of it being a Francis fan.
Got onto foxy-tails website and bought the various beads and cones. Adjusted my take on it and oot came the following wee flees. Had all my fish this season on them🎣🎣🐟🐟🐟

View attachment 89189
View attachment 89190
Nice…how do you fish those fishnapper?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Rotenone,

View attachment 89189
View attachment 89190
Nice version I'm thinking of doing an olive one for western Norway, just got the materials now

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
very similar to flys ive seen working the last few seasons but sooooo easy to tie,Nordic anglers do a kit in red or yellow (that i ordered) also a good video clip on how to tie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts