Salmon Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one with one of these rods tried a Rage head on it. In particular looking to the 8/9 580gr. kit ( with the 12ft tips ) or the 570 stand alone head and polys. The 9/10 kit I feel will overline the rod at over 41g.
Length and weight of both these lines looks ok compared to the 3D+ Compact I'm using.
Cheers, Pedro.

· Registered
6,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've christened mine with a Dee fish salmonless, but not used it since March as no water to fish in!.
I love it, feels good in the hand, balances very well with my 9/10 Vossler Passion. I first used an Airflo Scandi long on mine in 9/10 last year, but after listening to others and asking round I settled on a 3D Compact in Hover/Inty/Sink 1 for the Dee in march. The Guideline 3D Compact lines absolutely fly out, impressively so, Phil Black has one and uses the Guideline 3D Compact Multi Tip on his and he's impressed.
Its a Wonderfull rod, but since I got mine not getting the chance to use it as I'd like.
I'm a great LPXe fan and sadly it's a better rod all round.
I got a Guideline Evolve floater for mine, it's sat on the reel now!, but not had a chance to use it yet.
I get the overall impression it's better with shorter compact style lines, but I still need time on the water with it. Very much a rod to be enjoyed and to enhance a day on the water.
I'd love to swop out my 13ft LPXe for the 12ft 9 8/9 NT8, but it's convincing the wife!.
Put me down as a fan then!
Pedro.

· Registered
444 Posts
Thanks Pedro. Ive been on to both JN and GAC to see if they have a 13'9" at the reduced price. JN say they won't get more in as this range is discontinued and GAC won't drop their prices.....yet. Fingers crossed they drop the price soon. The 25 year warranty is a huge incentive for me. I wonder what the new range will be then? Im guessing the LPX Chrome.

· Registered
10,083 Posts
I've christened mine with a Dee fish salmonless, but not used it since March as no water to fish in!.
I love it, feels good in the hand, balances very well with my 9/10 Vossler Passion. I first used an Airflo Scandi long on mine in 9/10 last year, but after listening to others and asking round I settled on a 3D Compact in Hover/Inty/Sink 1 for the Dee in march. The Guideline 3D Compact lines absolutely fly out, impressively so, Phil Black has one and uses the Guideline 3D Compact Multi Tip on his and he's impressed.
Its a Wonderfull rod, but since I got mine not getting the chance to use it as I'd like.
I'm a great LPXe fan and sadly it's a better rod all round.
I got a Guideline Evolve floater for mine, it's sat on the reel now!, but not had a chance to use it yet.
I get the overall impression it's better with shorter compact style lines, but I still need time on the water with it. Very much a rod to be enjoyed and to enhance a day on the water.
I'd love to swop out my 13ft LPXe for the 12ft 9 8/9 NT8, but it's convincing the wife!.
Put me down as a fan then!
Pedro.
Must be good if you are considering it over your 13ft lpxe.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,979 Posts
Has any one with one of these rods tried a Rage head on it. In particular looking to the 8/9 580gr. kit ( with the 12ft tips ) or the 570 stand alone head and polys. The 9/10 kit I feel will overline the rod at over 41g.
Length and weight of both these lines looks ok compared to the 3D+ Compact I'm using.
Cheers, Pedro.
I was given a shot of the 8/9 version of this rod in Norway last month after KLM managed to misplace my bag. The lads that lent me the rod are Guideline pro team guys and they had the Guideline 9/10 wt compact shooting heads on it. 4/6 were the weights of the final part of the heads. It was a dream to fish with in confined spaces. I reckon the 9/10 rod will be looking for a heavier head than a 9/10.

· Registered
5,408 Posts
I’ve got the 13ft 9 six piece 9/10 I fish a Rio scandi 9 off it I also have the 12ft 9 six piece 8/9 and I fish a nine wt off it, I find 8 too light, and use my 12-6 vision tool if I want to fish an 8

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.