Salmon Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This time last year we were a few weeks into a long dry hot summer,with the rivers down to their bones and the grass burnt dry.This year is the total opposite where there has hardly been 2 dry consecutive days, low night temperatures,high winds and generally just dreich weather,but at least there is water in the rivers to allow fish to enter and spread out.
More bad weather to come with weather warnings for tonight and tomorrow.
One good thing Rod Stewart had to cancel his outdoor gig in Aberdeen tonight.

· Registered
825 Posts
This time last year we were a few weeks into a long dry hot summer,with the rivers down to their bones and the grass burnt dry.This year is the total opposite where there has hardly been 2 dry consecutive days, low night temperatures,high winds and generally just dreich weather,but at least there is water in the rivers to allow fish to enter and spread out.
Speak for yourself.
I'm down in Ayrshire & praying for rain.
The water Ayr is on it's bones again.

Hopefully it comes in tonight or tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

·
My own pieces of water in the grim North Of England have been on their proverbial their backsides for a few months now. Bone dry and full of green goo. I will take the current wet conditions over the previous any day of the week including Sunday.

· Registered
15,404 Posts
Currently in Grantown , but not for very much longer.
8deg , constant heavy drizzle , and all driven along by a gusty northerly wind.
River starting to rise.
Again

It was warmer up here in early April

· Registered
2,759 Posts
The Wick has had some good lifts of water but no real fish to show for it, everyone hoping the grisle arrive. I moved a fish last night but couldn't tempt a take. Hoping the trout are still in the mood on watten for Friday.

G

·
Tonights the Night, too much rain and we will be Sailing......in fact........I Dont Want To Talk about It :eek:hwell:

DCH

· Registered
526 Posts
Tons of rain in the Lomond area in the last few weeks, at least 4-5 inches and very cold. Loch lomond is at gate dropping level,despite the long dry spell we had in the spring, which just goes to show the amount of rain the west coast has endured recently. Has someone put a big umbrella up over Ayrshire ?

· Registered
825 Posts
Tons of rain in the Lomond area in the last few weeks, at least 4-5 inches and very cold. Loch lomond is at gate dropping level,despite the long dry spell we had in the spring, which just goes to show the amount of rain the west coast has endured recently. Has someone put a big umbrella up over Ayrshire ?
I think they have.

We did have rain last week but the water has dropped back to summer levels very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.