Salmon Fishing Forum banner

New wading boots

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Red Spinner 
#1 ·
Just thought I’d share my recent purchase of wading boots for the coming season. As I do a lot of saltwater lure fishing too I needed something that would put up with some pretty rough ground and also be usable for salmon.

After a lot of research I went for these Bestard boots that are designed for rescue etc. They feel extremely well made and very comfortable ( I went for two sizes larger than normal).

The soles are Vibram so I have added numerous supatak studs to the soles.

Outdoor shoe Walking shoe Grey Sportswear Cross training shoe

See less See more
#10 ·
At present Im using a pair of Orvis wading boots, to select the correct size you just buy those marked with the same size as your normal shoes or wellingtons which makes size selection very simple.

Bestward boots are sized as normal walking boots, stating in their publicity that if you wish to use neoprene socks you should remove the footbed.

Can anyone advise if we should buy the same size as our normal shoes or a larger size or 1/2size and if so how much larger?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.