Salmon Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

Do You Approve Of The Potential New Site Banner?

• Yes

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 70.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I wanted to ask everyone's thoughts on changing the header banner at the top of the site. Please leave your vote on updating the site banner to the one below.

Font Reptile Screenshot Amphibian Salamander

~Mike D

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
The suggested one is at least a salmon so better than the current sea trout. However, I agree that it’s not a great picture of a salmon: I like paddymc’s suggestion of a rotated version of Rrrr’s fish.

·
Administrator
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are the current options we have found. If someone would want to try to create a banner similar to our top header banner and share, please share here, and we can see what we can do. Not promising anything but we can always try. :)

~Mike D

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Those are the current options we have found. If someone would want to try to create a banner similar to our top header banner and share, please share here, and we can see what we can do. Not promising anything but we can always try. :)

~Mike D
Speak to Rrrr and ask his permission to use the photo in post #4, after it has been rotated.

·
Registered
913 Posts
It would be ideal if it was members picture instead of a stock picture. Failing that I’m sure Fish and Fly/John Bailey will have something.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Part of the problem is that you need a very narrow picture for the banner. Most of the fish posted above are in too good a condition, they are too fat to fit, need a kelt...

You need something like the two below, they are at least topical being fish on the redds but I expect most would sooner see a silver fish.

Water Liquid Fluid Lake Wind wave

Water Liquid Fluid Lake Wind wave

Andy

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Part of the problem is that you need a very narrow picture for the banner. Most of the fish posted above are in too good a condition, they are too fat to fit, need a kelt...

You need something like the two below, they are at least topical being fish on the redds but I expect most would sooner see a silver fish.

View attachment 89156

View attachment 89157

Andy

I have a picture of a big black cock lieing on the slab! Right dimensions ...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts