Salmon Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
12,135 Posts
It was -8 here on Friday morning and 10 degrees above freezing on Saturday morning.

From 8 inches of snow to green fields in a matter of hours. Never seen as quick of a thaw.

Reactions: mows

· Registered
9,736 Posts
Not yet, big tides this week though so wouldn't be surprised. I'm on the Oich tomorrow, fingers crossed.

On another note, I see fish pal have a fish listed for the Tay for today - but no beat yet.

View attachment 90934
Quite honestly??
Their new format, like this forum format now, leaves much to be desired.
If you go into the Tay itself, no fish are being shown for today.
Utter pants.
Good luck on the Oich.(y)

· Registered
11,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I use XCWeather a lot for wind forecasts, have done for years. It was, iirc, originally designed for glider pilots. That said, I've found it pretty accurate when it comes to sailing weather over the past 2 decades.

What is being forecast for a week today is scary - over 80mph gusts with constants in the high 30's to high 40's for a few hours.

Loads more fenders and lines being added to my wee boat on Saturday!!!

· Registered
4,705 Posts
I use XCWeather a lot for wind forecasts, have done for years. It was, iirc, originally designed for glider pilots. That said, I've found it pretty accurate when it comes to sailing weather over the past 2 decades.

What is being forecast for a week today is scary - over 80mph gusts with constants in the high 30's to high 40's for a few hours.

Loads more fenders and lines being added to my wee boat on Saturday!!!
That will be me busy on roofs and fences again then Andy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts