Salmon Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Folks,

Been informed that we will be staying in Foyers on Loch Ness for a week at the start of May and I am hoping to get at least 2 days for fishing.

Was thinking about booking 1 day on the Loch itself and another day on a beat (or more of both depending on how few days the family want to see me 馃槀).

Recommendations for either boats or beats please?

There used to be a guide for the Ness on here who would have a lot of chat about the ferox on the loch, but can't seem to find the man! Have also sent an enquiry to "Fish Loch Ness", but more emails I send off the better, I've found!

Beat wise, I'm tempted by Dochfour - Gregor off U. Redgorton featuring on their FishPal booking page 馃槀 - but would like to hear what others have to say!

Cheers,

Chris

Registered
Morning Folks,

Been informed that we will be staying in Foyers on Loch Ness for a week at the start of May and I am hoping to get at least 2 days for fishing.

Was thinking about booking 1 day on the Loch itself and another day on a beat (or more of both depending on how few days the family want to see me 馃槀).

Recommendations for either boats or beats please?

There used to be a guide for the Ness on here who would have a lot of chat about the ferox on the loch, but can't seem to find the man! Have also sent an enquiry to "Fish Loch Ness", but more emails I send off the better, I've found!

Beat wise, I'm tempted by Dochfour - Gregor off U. Redgorton featuring on their FishPal booking page 馃槀 - but would like to hear what others have to say!

Cheers,

Chris
If booking Dochfour make sure it鈥檚 upper beat don鈥檛 waste your time on the lower.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If booking Dochfour make sure it鈥檚 upper beat don鈥檛 waste your time on the lower.
Ah blast, as WG suspects, upper rods are in short supply. Rods available are for the lower beat only...

Any other beat recommendations please? The town water is the only other I'm aware of 馃槄 never been up to that part of the country so my knowledge is woefully thin.

Registered
Ah blast, as WG suspects, upper rods are in short supply. Rods available are for the lower beat only...

Any other beat recommendations please? The town water is the only other I'm aware of 馃槄 never been up to that part of the country so my knowledge is woefully thin.
The lower is not such a disaster. Was there 5 years ago and a few showing and fishing buddy got one on the bank.

We were offered a shot on the upper after 5. Quite interesting water, below the weir/cauld/overflow whatever its called must be one of the fishiest looking pools around. Added amusement in that you could be knocked off your feet by the wake of a vessel on the canal side overflowing the errrr..... overflow. Makes sense when you see it!

Registered
The lower is not such a disaster. Was there 5 years ago and a few showing and fishing buddy got one on the bank.

We were offered a shot on the upper after 5. Quite interesting water, below the weir/cauld/overflow whatever its called must be one of the fishiest looking pools around. Added amusement in that you could be knocked off your feet by the wake of a vessel on the canal side overflowing the errrr..... overflow. Makes sense when you see it!
The new owner has changed the rules, the old 5 -o-clock changeover is no more. I have had more fish from the Lower than the Upper.
My spaniel could never understand where the waves suddenly appeared from.

Registered

As a member of Inverness angling club, there is always a fish to be had at that time of year. I won鈥檛 sugarcoat it, it鈥檚 difficult, but the top end by the weir and from the MacIntyre pool up you have a chance. Very reasonable day ticket with plenty of locals that will show you the way with great craic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts