Salmon Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,177 Posts
If the fish are there and the waters right it’s a great beat.
I’ve had some nice fish off it.. should be ok now going by what’s come off the next two beats up carateth and snabdough in the last few days.
My favourite pools are the middle and bottom never had anything off the top one but it does look nice but is fished the most.. the middle pool has a long section slow canal like bit that runs along the road side I’ve had a 14 and 11 salmon in a morning fishing it through concentrating under the trees... I was pretty green then and probs could of caught more but there was that many fish there I was tripping up on ones that where resting by me when wading!

· Registered
127 Posts
I have fished this stretch many times and the advice given is spot on. Really important to check the Kielder releases as this is a critical factor. We have had a good deal of water into the North Tyne and there should be a decent head of fish in the beats by now.

I have found yellow flies work really well in the peaty water you are likely to encounter.

This beat is not the worst North Tyne stretch for wading but I would strongly recommend a wading stick.

I agree with Mattytree and lax0341, this is a cracking bit.
Tight lines,

Hackler

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.