Salmon Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10,083 Posts
They did a live talk on their facebook page about the rod line up. May be worth a watch. They also did another on the diffrences between the ranges of rods comparing actions of the nt8, lpxe elevation etc etc

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

· Registered
5,313 Posts
Too new for me to comment.
I did watch the Guideline webcast with interest. A nice item which is what you'd expect from one of the "Big Guns" out here.
I've previously enjoyed x2 LPXe rods, 1x LeCie and currently enjoy a LXi. I would have no issue whatsoever suggesting this is going to be a fine rod....provided you line it properly of course.

· Registered
10,083 Posts
Im yet to find a guideline rod i dont get on with. Even the laxa switch which is on the cheaper end of things is a really nice rod to use once matched with the right line as i found the line it came with far too light.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

· Registered
5,313 Posts
....I should have perhaps added that "lining it properly" means - with a line that suits both the rod and your own casting style.
I always go wth the manufacturers gram recommendations preferring a faster scandinavian casting style/approach. But many prefer to over-line the rod slightly using a slower, perhaps more classic spey, style/technique.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.