Salmon Fishing Forum banner

Foxy-Tails Material Ties - November 2009 (All entries viewed on page 5)

• 1. Ballingall512 - The Temptress

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • 2. Klops - Shonguj

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • 3. Fishing Spirit - Nayat Dog

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • 4. mdh - The Emerald Stoat Variant

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 5. Altmor - "Felicity"

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • 6. CB - Black 'n Orange Foxy Dog

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • 7. Highlander - NAYARITA – The Lady Highlander

Votes: 23 40.4%
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please use this thread to enter your flies to the November 2009 (inaugural), Foxy-Tails Material Ties Competition.

The rules and general information re prizes etc., are as posted in the "sticky" post to this Thread.

Good luck to all who enter, what we hope will become another very popular section of the Forum.

Altmor.

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
November Theme - Nayat

To add to this, as it's the first competition of it's kind, in what will be a monthly series of competitions, the November Competition will require to feature the material "Nayat".

This will be what may, from time to time, become known as a "themed" monthly competition, other months may just be left up to the tier to use whatever Foxy-Tails material(s) they wish.

For those of you who don't have any Nayat in their tying armoury as yet, you can of course order through the Foxy-Tails web-site, linked here for your convenience : http://www.foxy-tails.co.uk/ .

Hope to see a number of good entries to this, which reminds me, I'll need to get hold of some Nayat myself :eek::rolleyes::D

Good luck.

Altmor.

· Registered
1,418 Posts
The Temptress

Thought I might as well kick things off then.

It's already in the Totm comp, so I hope this is allowed.

Dressing.

Tube 1 1/2 inch copper slipstream
Thread Utc 70 white
Tag 5 turns Medium oval tinsel (silver)
Butt Hot pink Floss
Body Rear 2/3 Red seals fur blended with Shrimp pink angel hair
Body Front 3rd Hot pink wing n' flash dubbing
Body hackle Large badger hackle dyed cerise (Palmered)
Rib 1 Medium oval tinsel (silver)
Rib 2 Hot pink single strand floss (tight against the oval tinsel)
Wing 2 layers of Shocking pink marble fox tied fatback, with Uv bonefish pink angel hair blended through, then Hot pink Nayat tied longer over the top, with 4 strands of pearl crystal hair over.
Hackles Black schlappen with a short badger hackle died cerise tied in front.
Cheeks 2 Large matching Jungle cock feathers.
Head Hot pink Glo brite Floss with 2 coats of clear cellire varnish, and 1 coat of hard as Nails gloss.

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good for you Dave, and yes it's allowed to enter the same fly in both competitions, provided of course, for entry to the "Foxy Comp", it features the Foxy-Tails material, themed for that particular month, (not a pre-requisite for TOTM Comps).

As said earlier, a great pattern with the Temptress, I'm waiting on an order of Nayat arriving before I can enter myself :eek:;)

Altmor.

· Registered
1,418 Posts
Good for you Dave, and yes it's allowed to enter the same fly in both competitions, provided of course, for entry to the "Foxy Comp", it features the Foxy-Tails material, themed for that particular month, (not a pre-requisite for TOTM Comps).

As said earlier, a great pattern with the Temptress, I'm waiting on an order of Nayat arriving before I can enter myself :eek:;)

Altmor.
I'm sure you will enjoy using it.
it ties down very fine indeed.

· Registered
1,846 Posts
shonguj

Ballingal has started from high level but it has to be fun. ;):D
We say that sometime is better to lose in good company than find in bad one. :D

Shonguj v.

Tube skittle silver
Thread black
Wing :
Yellow arctic fox
Sunburst yellow raccoon dog
Gold angel hair
Hot orange marble fox
Hot orange raccoon dog
Transparent Glin's n glow
Black silver fox
Black Nayat , long
Hackle :yellow, hot orange , black
JC dyed orange

It is small modification of nice fly tied by Shumacow.

· Registered
312 Posts
Very nice fly Klops, I'd fish that with confidence for sure :)

I have some coming my way as well, let's see if the posty can find my house in time for me to enter here as well. It'll be tough to compete with these flies though, that's for sure!

· Registered
868 Posts
nayat dog

Plastic tube
Tag silver md oval tinsel
Body lime and silver lite brite and black cock hackle
Rib silver md oval tinsel
Wing yellow orange nayat hair and black goat and orange lite brite
2 jungle cock
Hackle black cock hackle
head superglue and varnish

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice flies from all, Dave, Klops and Fishing Spirit. Like CB, I'm awaiting some nayat from the postie, but when I got home tonight, there was a card in my door advising I have a package for collection round at the sorting office ;). I'll be swinging in to the post office on the way to the office tomorrow :).
Altmor.

· Registered
1,167 Posts
Been that bussy/Ill that I hadn't even seen this section until just now. I have some black and some yellow Nyat here so will try and put something together. Although I'm not sure if it's worth me entering with the current three entries in the comp, all three are stunning guys.

· Registered
1,846 Posts
Been that bussy/Ill that I hadn't even seen this section until just now. I have some black and some yellow Nyat here so will try and put something together. Although I'm not sure if it's worth me entering with the current three entries in the comp, all three are stunning guys.
It will be big pleasant to see more flies. (temporary without fish but this will come ) :D
Few long months for beginning of season than we have to do something
Tying of flies is one of best alternatives. :):)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.