Salmon Fishing Forum banner

Foxy-Tails Material Ties - May 2010 - Poll Open (full listing page 3)

• 1. Fruin - The Posh Puppy

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 2. Ade - The Gledswood Shrimp

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • 3. Heero - Thunder and Lightning (variant)

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • 4. Klops - The Cascade Monkey

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • 5. Fishing Sanny - The Pedwell Killer

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • 6. CB - The Hot Tweed Fox

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • 7. Blue Zulu - The Mayfair Shrimp

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • 8. Madmax - The Foxy Lady

Votes: 5 8.8%
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well guys, I'm back from Portnacraig / Pitlochry, having had a superb day fishing and meeting some new and some old forum members (I'll not say who was the oldest :D).

I propose, since I'm absolutely "banjaxed" for want or a better word, and still have the dog to take out and a couple of Lagavullans to down, as someone very kindly left it in the boot of my car, that I'll close this and put the poll up tomorrow morning for the voting to commence.

In the circumstances and since I'm in a great mood, after today (even being fishless), anyone who wants to sneak a last minute entry in, be quick, as I suspect I'll surface around 10.00am tomorrow :D:D.

As for the schedule CB, well it's all mounting up, hence the slight delay in closing the competition :eek::eek:.

Altmor.

· Registered
678 Posts
Foxy Lady

DRESSING
size3 waddington shank size8 treble
TAG> orange glo brite
body> silver tinsel
RIB> oval silver
HACKLE> blue cock (large)
WING>1 orange fox silver flashabou over
2 green fox
3 chartreuse fox pearl crystal flash over
4 yellow fox
THROAT> teal
CHEEKS> jungle cock
thougt i'd move away from hte smaller flies after all it is scotland and we need to be prepared for high water:D

sorry about the pic quality crap camera

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Foxy-Tails Material Ties - May 2010 - Now Closed.

A superb late entry there Madmax, and as we now approach 10.00am, I can declare a close to new entries, while I work on cutting / pasting all into the lineup and setting up the poll :).

It will be here soon, for voting :).

Altmor.

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Foxy-Tails Material Ties - May 2010 - Poll Open.

Without further ado, here are this months' entries, a cracking selection for "A Fly for the Tweed on a Warm May Day".

In the order of their posting :

1. Fruin - The Posh Puppy (full tying page 1)

2. Ade - The Gledswood Shrimp (full tying page 1)

3. Heero - Thunder and Lightning (variant) (full tying page 1)

4. Klops - The Cascade Monkey (full tying page 1)

5. Fishing Sanny - The Pedwell Killer (full tying page 2)

6. CB - The Hot Tweed Fox (full tying page 2)

7. Blue Zulu - The Mayfair Shrimp (full tying page 2)

8. Madmax - The Foxy Lady (full tying page 3)

All great patterns, and giving us a hard choice in picking the favorite for this month's theme ... "A Fly for the Tweed on a Warm May Day". Usual rules, just click on the one you fancy most in the poll at the top of the page, and keep the voting coming to the last day !!

Thanks to all who entered, and good luck over the coming couple of week's voting.

The winner will be announced with the most votes on 28th May when voting will cease.

Altmor.

· Registered
361 Posts
neat tie fishing sanny you have my vote;)
I'm an honest guy shouldn't be voting for the competition:)
Thanks Madmax and the others who have voted
Glad you like it. The fish certainly seemed to like it too that day, just hope it brings me more hook ups throughout he rest of the season.
I'm back down the Tweed at the end of the month and It certainly will be the first fly to be given a swim.
Tightlines FS

· Registered
361 Posts
Thanks Guys

Thanks for the comments and the votes guys :)

I bet there will be a few of Sanny's wee tubes getting tied up with all this dry weather and low water we are having at the moment ;)

Cheers
Neil
Thanks for all the votes so far lads,
Get some of these tungsten tubes tied up lads, another one of these wee crackers took another 2 salmon and a nice seatrout of South Park at the beginning of the week for one of my mates.
I know what I will be using on Ballogie tomorrow.
Tightlines Fs

· Registered
765 Posts
Fishing Sanny, Love the Pedwell Killer and want to tie up some. Can't seem to find Pearl Holographic Tinsel anywhere. I have the usual silver/gold holographic but was wondering where do you get Pearl Holographic? Thanks,

William

· Registered
361 Posts
Fishing Sanny, Love the Pedwell Killer and want to tie up some. Can't seem to find Pearl Holographic Tinsel anywhere. I have the usual silver/gold holographic but was wondering where do you get Pearl Holographic? Thanks,

William
Sorry William, a typing error on my behalf.
Its medium width pearl lurex on top of the black thread, a very simple fly to tie but seems to be effective at the moment,try tying them on 6mm tubes also.
Tightlines FS

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.