• 8. Chrisfly - Foxy Flame

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • 9. Fishing Sanny - Big "G"

Votes: 9 13.0%
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

· Registered
711 Posts
A lovely set of ties this month....

....didn't manage enough free time for this one, but good luck to all the entries :cool:

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Crispy, you're doing it for Ireland Sir, streaking into a tactical lead, with "Vanilla Ice", great concept the conehead single, why we don't see more, I don't know, but in that pattern you've tied, I suspect there'll be a few more getting tied up and down the land in the spring weeks to come :).

Voting's looking good guys, 30 and upwards, (and to be honest still tight), lets go for the magical "ton" - it's never been hit before, so get clicking on your favorite tie and push us over the "century" :eek:.

Altmor.

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
sometimes i dont think it`s the quality of the fly but the popularity of the tyer:(
Are you joking Crawfish ...... Crispin's in the lead :eek::D:D

Very tight group (at the front of the pack here) and great to see, a 7,8,9 and 10 vote group as at tonight's tally, but as with all things in life I like to come onto a canter at the end .... when the pressure's on, so as to speak, so the rest of us, lurking in the "strike position", don't worry - there's over a week to go with voting :).

Altmor.

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Aye, it's a close run comp this month, reflecting the quality of the good ties entered. A week to go Crawfish, so not quite at the "final hurdle", but, in your shoes, nail biting stuff ...... in mine, well I'm resigned to watching the leading pack fight it out :rolleyes::D:D.

Great voting guys, keep it up and let's see a record vote tally for the Foxy-Tails Competitions.

Altmor.

· Registered
361 Posts
its the big g for me,stunning!
Thanks reedwarbler
I'm glad you like it. Im sure my brother whom it was named after, would have loved it too. Hopefully he will be looking down on me and giving me guidance in hooking that elusive springer, when I give it a swim for him in a few weeks time. Catching and releasing a Beautiful Spring bar of silver on a fly ive named in memory of my brother would mean so much to me. I think I would just frame it and keep it as a once in a lifetime memory.
Tightlines for 2010 FS

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Thanks reedwarbler
I'm glad you like it. Im sure my brother whom it was named after, would have loved it too. Hopefully he will be looking down on me and giving me guidance in hooking that elusive springer, when I give it a swim for him in a few weeks time. Catching and releasing a Beautiful Spring bar of silver on a fly ive named in memory of my brother would mean so much to me. I think I would just frame it and keep it as a once in a lifetime memory.
Tightlines for 2010 FS
FS, that's a very touching post. With the tying and now evident time and deliberation that has gone into the pattern, I wish you every success with the Big "G", I'm sure the "fishing Gods" and your late brother will be watching you fish it, guiding you to a "very special " springer :).

Altmor.

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Crawfish, there's loads of time yet in the voting, and it's shaping up to be one of the closest Foxy - votes we've seen yet :). Saying that, there's clearly four in the closing race. My entry, well I'd just like to think ..... on it's day, it'll surprise you all :p:p:D .... perhaps even me :eek::D.

Keep voting guys, this really is hotting up to be a close finish (Sunday coming).

Altmor.

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Voting Closes Today

Yup, the Competition voting closes today, and it's been a nail biter all the way. Great tyings that have helped keep the momentum of voting so close this month. :)

I'll put a "lock down" on votes around 4.00pm today and the winner will be known, at this stage it's not all over ;):).

Altmor.

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Unlucky Crispin, close as it was till the end Crawfish has tipped the scales with a very good 16 votes to win outright the well deserved prize for the Foxy-Tails February 2010 Competition with his magnificent entry, "The Marble Dog".

Well done Crawfish, a superb entry and a worthy winner. If you would be kind enough to PM me your address details I'll pass them onto Sue for your Foxy-Tails goodie bag to be sent direct to you.

As per norm, here's the winning fly and tying recipe :

The Marble Dog

The Recipe :
Tube-- 2" aluminium
Rear Tag-- Medium oval tinsel
Butt-- Bright green floss
Ribbing-- Medium oval tinsel
Body hackle-- Red cock hackle
Body--Black floss, covered with flat pearl mylar
First hackle--Red cock
First wing--Red Marble Fox
First flash-- Gold Crystal Hair
Second hackle-- Orange cock hackle
Second wing--Orange Marble Fox
Second flash-- Gold Crystal Hair
Third hackle-- Black cock hackle
Third wing -- Arctic Fox
Third flash-- Pearl Crystal Hair
Over wing-- Peacock herl (3 strands)
Cheeks-- Jungle Cock Eyes
Head hackle-- Yellow Cock hackle (base of feather for fluffiness)
Head-- Copper cone

Well done again, and a big thanks to all who have both entered and voted this month :).

Altmor.

PS, watch this space for the start of the Foxy-Tails - March 2010 Comp, due to open in the next day or two, featuring Boar Bristle, so get ready to post up :).

Altmor.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.