Salmon Fishing Forum banner

Foxy-Tails Material Ties - December 2009 (All entries viewed on page 5)

• 1. Klops - Park Shrimp

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • 2. Sinktip - Eany Taifire

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • 3. Fishing Spirit - Flamethrower

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 4. Altmor - "Heilan Dog"

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • 5. Fishing Sanny - The leprechaun

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 6. Salmonshrimp - Yellow Dog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7. Klops - Slow Willie Gunn

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 8. Highlander - WANDA – A Single Lady

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • 9. CB - Willie Gunn Raccoon Dog Waddington

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 10. Fishing Sanny - My Princess

Votes: 13 23.6%
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Foxy-Tails Material Ties - December 2009 WINNER

With 10 stunning entries, and a plethora of voting, I am happy to announce the Foxy-Tails Material Ties Competition for December 2009 now to be closed.

The material this month was Raccoon Dog, and the entries have shown its great versatility when tying, with flies ranging from light tubes, to heavy tubes, singles to doubles and of course my old favorite, the waddington.

Without further ado, I can declare Klops with his take on the Park Shrimp, to be the winner, in what was a very tightly fought competition. He has been closely followed by some superb flies, Fishing Sanny with his My Princess taking second place and Highlander with his WANDA - A Single Lady, taking a close third.

I'll leave you with a picture of the winning fly and its recipe as I'm sure there'll be those that will want to tie some of these beauties up, for when the water warms a touch, between May and Sept.

Klops - Park Shrimp

The Recipe :

Hook- Salar no 7
Tag- gold tinsel
Tail - sunburst yellow raccoon dog , orange young goat
Body - gold angel hairs
Rib- gold
Wing- black arctic fox
Hackle - yellow & orange badger
Jc
Head -red

A very big well done Klops, this was a fly I particularly liked, and I will certainly be adding one or two to my own collection later in the season.

Altmor.

PS, The Foxy-Tails Material Ties Competition - January 2010 will open with a new thread in a few days (scheduled for 1st Jan), and you'll remember, January's theme is Coypu /Nutria , so don't miss out, and get your Coypu /Nutria ties entered.

· Registered
361 Posts
Well done Klops

Thanks for sharing your tying of the Park Shrimp with us.
It fully deserved to win the competition and my daughter and I are delighted to have come second to such an excellent tying of the Park Shrimp.
I, like you, prefer a lighter dressed shrimp style fly and will certainly be tying some of these up for the 2010 season.
Once again well done and tightlines FS

· Registered
1,846 Posts
I treat it as fun but I felt spirit of competition till last moment . ;):D
Thank you to everybody who voted on me fly but ever more who voted on nice flies of rest participants.

Hope that on January we will see more nice flies.
It will be interesting because Coypu till have not been not so popular in GB’s waters but in another places of Europe
this material is very well know.

Klops

· Banned
419 Posts
Foxy-tails prize for December 09

After giving all the entrants great consideration...I have decided to go give this months Foxy extra prize to Fishing Sanny with his My Princess.

I have no doubt that when it comes to choosing excellent flies for the serious business of Salmon Fly Fishingthat you are all discerning judges.....and without doubt Klops's fly is a proven catcher !!

However I love all the colours, and I think Fishing Sanny deserves a prize for a beautifully tied fly ...for a very special lady !!

So from me Congratulations to both Klops and Fishing Sanny...I will PM you re prizes...

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.