Salmon Fishing Forum banner

Poll Now Open - Foxy-Tails Material Ties April 2010 (Full listing page 3)

• 1. Blue Zulu - Blue Zulu Conehead

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • 2. Pendejo - Kåddis Templedog

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • 3. Mr Fishin - Cashmere badger

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • 4. Ade - Bit of Blue for the Dads

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • 5. Fishing Sanny - My Greenlander

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • 6. CB - The Pink Marquis

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • 7. Altmor - The Spey Goat

Votes: 10 20.8%
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
We have a winner - Pendejo - Kåddis Templedog

Yes, it's that time, or certainly time enough for me to draw a close to this competition and announce our winner of the Foxy-Tails Material Ties - April 2010 ...... Pendejo with his exquisite tying, the Kåddis Templedog.

A big well done to Pendejo, it is a wonderfully balanced and profiled fly, and a worthy winner, although there were two others hot on it's tail for the majority of this competition ;) (sorry Ade, we'll need to do better next time :)). A good sign of the quality fly tying we're now experiencing, yet there's always room for more innovative patterns using Foxy-Tails materials, so don't be shy, and get your entry in for next month's competition, which will open on 1st / 2nd May, themed as "A fly for the Tweed on a warm May day". Check the pre-posted thread for further details.

All that's left for me to do is ask Pendejo to send me his contact (address) details (by PM), which I'll pass onto Sue at Foxy-Tails for your well deserved prize, and to show the winning pattern for all those who fancy giving it a go this season.

Here it is :

The Kåddis Templedog :

The Recipe :

Tube: Medium orange and extra-small black
Rear Body: Copper flat braid
Front Body: Rusty brown ice dub
Body Hackle: Orange badger
Rib: Gold flat braid (Twisted)
Wing: Fiery brown arctic fox (Tied in 3 layers)
Wing Flash: Rainbow flashabou and rusty olive angel hair (Tied in between the arctic fox layers)
Overwing: Brown cashmere goat
Front Hackle: Black cock hackle
Cheeks: Jungle cock
Head: Black cone head

Again, I think I speak for the forum here, "well done Pendejo with your Kåddis Templedog, a winner from the start :)".

Altmor.

· Registered
711 Posts
Truly a super tie in amongst some very good competition - ALL will be fish takers!

Well done to the winner, and for all the entries ;)

· Registered
1,546 Posts
When I saw Pendejo's Templedog in the TOTM comp my jaw dropped, then when I saw it entered in the Foxy Tails comp I knew it was game over.

Was I right? Absolutely!

Thanks to everyone who voted for me, I really appreciate the support, advice and encouragement that I receive about my tyings, and I like the fact that this seems to be a more friendly and more constructive area of the forum of late. I get a lot out of it :)

Yes Gav, I need to step up my game ;)

My congratulations to you Pendejo :cool: Actually, very :cool: Stunning fly :)

Ade

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.