Salmon Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking into the possibility of getting some SFF branded caps produced, as these seemed to go down well previously. We are thinking of a good quality baseball cap, with the forum logo on the front or off to the side. We have still to fully cost these up and a lot will depend on interest and the volume of the order. At this early stage we would be hoping to get them for under £20 including P&P within UK.

Is this something that members would be interested in? If anybody is interested can they also state their preferred colour to assist us in ordering something that you will all be happy with? Thanks.

· Registered
29 Posts
I for one would be interested Black with the logo offset would be my preffered style.But please remember that for people who require oversized caps.They would have to be avaialble in XXL or 7 7/8 to size 8 1/2 .The one size fits all does not fit.These are diffcult to source in the UK.

G

·
Sounds like a good idea as long as its well thought out. By that I mean it doesn't want to be the SFF logo embroidered onto any old bog standard baseball cap. The type you can buy in the 1000's for a tenner from some Chinese knock out shop.
In my opinion a good fishing cap needs to have the following:
A: A medium to long peak with a dark underside irrespective of the colour of the cap.
B: A tag & clip (Musto type) so it can be attached to your wading jacket or vest so it doesn't end up sea bound if it blows off. (The tag & clip also allows your sunglasses strap/retainer to be looped through it so you don't loose them either)
C: A good durable material that offers some protection from the elements but not waterproof as your head needs to be able to stay cool when you hook up with that 40lb'er.

As for colours..Camo or something that stands out and is noticable. I like the 'Greys' distressed one that comes in a Pumpkin colour.
The Musto technical Tweed ones look good to I think.

With that criteria it's not going to be cheap but I'd rather not have a fishing cap at all than have a cheap and nasty one.Cheap costs buy cheap products;)

Thankyou...:)

· Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good points Simon. I like the pumpkin colour as well but I'm not sure that it's everybody's taste. I'm not keen on the idea of yet another cord / clip being attached to me as a retainer for the cap, but I can definitely see the merit in it and why some might like to have one.

· Registered
11,513 Posts
Sounds like a good idea as long as its well thought out. By that I mean it doesn't want to be the SFF logo embroidered onto any old bog standard baseball cap. The type you can buy in the 1000's for a tenner from some Chinese knock out shop.
In my opinion a good fishing cap needs to have the following:
A: A medium to long peak with a dark underside irrespective of the colour of the cap.
B: A tag & clip (Musto type) so it can be attached to your wading jacket or vest so it doesn't end up sea bound if it blows off. (The tag & clip also allows your sunglasses strap/retainer to be looped through it so you don't loose them either)
C: A good durable material that offers some protection from the elements but not waterproof as your head needs to be able to stay cool when you hook up with that 40lb'er.

As for colours..Camo or something that stands out and is noticable. I like the 'Greys' distressed one that comes in a Pumpkin colour.
The Musto technical Tweed ones look good to I think.

With that criteria it's not going to be cheap but I'd rather not have a fishing cap at all than have a cheap and nasty one.Cheap costs buy cheap products;)

Thankyou...:)
Good points made Simon but balancing the quality-v-price issue is always going to be difficult. I have been given caps in the past that went straight in the bin.

ps, I can just picture you as a kid with your mittens connected up your sleeves and over your back with some wool :rolleyes: :D

· Registered
166 Posts
SFF Hats

Hi Guys

I would wear a SFF hat ! Unfortunately a Baseball type, me being somewhat portly, tends to make one look like a 'Pregnant Woodpecker'. I think that a Ghillie type hat, with all round, water repellant 'peak', might be more practical, bearing in mind the general weather conditions in these Islands. A side rather than a front mounted Logo might be preferablt for such headgear.

I prefer my fishing hats in Tweed, Harris if possible - :D lol.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.