Salmon Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's late but i was looking through the season's competition pictures.
I was thinking these pictures would have made a great 2012 calender.
What do you think,would it have been possible?
Is it still possible?
DB

· Registered
134 Posts
I know it's late but i was looking through the season's competition pictures.
I was thinking these pictures would have made a great 2012 calender.
What do you think,would it have been possible?
Is it still possible?
DB
I think that would be a great idea, there must be plenty of material submitted to the forum over the last year to select 12 good quality images for inclusion in a forum calendar.

· Registered
1,650 Posts
Hear hear! I would certainly buy one, but springer has already said on another thread that the stumbling block is how much they cost to produce in relatively low numbers. Also, there would need to be a profit margin to make it worthwhile, otherwise somebody ends up putting a lot of time and effort in with nothing to show for it.

Unless somebody knows how to get them done on the cheap it's unlikely to ever happen. :(

· Registered
388 Posts
Thats a shame Rubberwellie as there's obviously a few guys with some talent at taking pictures, would be a great idea if it could be made cost effective....

Surely someone must have a contact that could be persuaded to run off a batch at a good price for a wee free or discounted ad on the site or something along those lines?

· Registered
134 Posts
Thats a shame Rubberwellie as there's obviously a few guys with some talent at taking pictures, would be a great idea if it could be made cost effective....

Surely someone must have a contact that could be persuaded to run off a batch at a good price for a wee free or discounted ad on the site or something along those lines?
Too true, there really are some nice pictures attached to many of the posts i have read on here, guess it just boils down to the production costs as rubberwellie says.

· Registered
166 Posts
2013 Calender and beyond !!

Guys

I am in total agreement, my preferance is for a largeish wall calender, for the Study, one with an angling slant would be great - bearing in mind some of the great Phot's posted this year !

May I also make the suggestion that a selection of the flies from the Forum could be made available, also for purchase. As many of such will never find their way into Tackle Shops.

An enormous task, of course, but Hey, I have every confidense in Forums organisational ability ;);):D And with Christmas and New Year looming on the horizon - wouldn't that be great Pressies, for the angling nuts in the Family. :D:cool:

Bye th' noo

BJD01

· Banned
806 Posts
If you got the guys to donate photo,s maybe on a theme or what ever and did a downloadable calendar,cutting production cost,s and maybe proceeds to go to a charity. you could ask for suggestion on main stream charities and put it to a vote which charity would receive it this year,having a different charity each year. Or split between 2 or 3 etc charities.Something to think about maybe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.