Salmon Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recognise what these are and how I get rid of them in my flytying drawers.
I had tried microwaving and freezing some capes etc and thought I might have got rid of them but sadly not

:batty::batty: Insect Arthropod Pest Amber Thumb

Attachments

· Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
5,048 Posts
Can't say I recognise them, but I had an infestation once.
I keep a pack of naphthalene crystals in my materials case. Not had a problem in 20 years.

G

·
I'm not trying to be a smart rs but it might also be an idea to check your wardrobes. If they are moth larvae then chances are that the adults which spawned them might have flown into your woolly jumpers and laid eggs. The little bu88ers love natural fibres. Certainly worth checking.

· Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not trying to be a smart rs but it might also be an idea to check your wardrobes. If they are moth larvae then chances are that the adults which spawned them might have flown into your woolly jumpers and laid eggs. The little bu88ers love natural fibres. Certainly worth checking.
Noted thanks. Not seen any moths though.

· Registered
3,058 Posts
Having had problems a number of years ago with clothes moths we started using a product called Indorex which can be bought cheaply on the Internet. Only needs to be done a couple of times a year. We give the house a good going over moving furniture where possible and spraying all the nooks and crannies paying attention to sofas chairs, beds etc...
It kills all bugs including fleas etc....
Can't recommend it enough.

· Registered
5,870 Posts
Thanks! - I have mixed materials in large drawers - can I just throw the moth balls in with the materials safely?
Yes they come in a little sachet just put a couple in each drawer and they will last about 6 months.
No smell either unlike the old stuff.

G

·
I'm just waiting for you to advertise your 'wonder' product next. (y) ? ?
The Charles Berry Aws Demon Moth Killer has arrived. It even kills Covid and will give you a really big w1llie too if you squirt it down the front of yer Calvin Klein's. It really is a wonder product.

Please note no real moths were killed in the creation of this CBA55 commercial presentation :p

· Registered
1,285 Posts
Microwaving will kill them, has to, it cooks them - both the eggs and the larvae. Perhaps you didn't zap them for long enough?

I've had a couple of infections in my hen capes, in the end I cured them (after zapping them) by keeping them in zip-lock plastic bags and smaller stuff in plastic boxes with tight lids.

Don't like chemical solutions fish have a sense of smell ...

· Registered
308 Posts
I've always kept my capes and materials in a zip lock IKEA bag. I now use the Frodin Pouches. Never had any issues or infestations of any kind thankfully

· Registered
7 Posts
I just really hate the advertising where they say no mosquitoes will touch you and you end up with a lot of mosquito bites... My sister kept talking about some bracelet that repels mosquitoes and it supposedly works. I could not believe her, but she read it somewhere online, and she tried it. We went to take a hike in the woods, and she was saying how she is not getting bitten, but I am sure that was because she wore long sleeves. I did not even want to try it out because it looked stupid to me and I got bitten by those mf's like always.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.