Salmon Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I am returning from Australia to Ireland for a few weeks in August. I am hoping to get some good rain for the rivers to flood. I am looking at stocking up on some flying C's mainly Rolla and French Quimperloise. I was about to hit buy when I remembered that in the past some my flying C's while in storage degraded where the rubber melted or perished. I am concerned that I don't get any rain and my flying C's may lay dormant for another year or two before I get a chance to use them again.

Has anyone had experience like this? Is there an optimal way to store them to prevent the rubber from degrading? Perhaps it is not the best idea to stock up if they are going to be in storage for a while.

Thanks

· Registered
2,558 Posts
I bought some silicone tubing of various colours, cut them to length and cut the vee for the tail, in total about 100. I store these in a box until the original rubber perishes then pop a new silicone skin on them.

They've been in the box for about 5 years and none have any signs of persishing whatsoever, even the ones that have been used (some have cuts etc from use, but none perished).

I rarely spin, but when I do I use single hook so usually change the skin on brand new lures when changing the hook, saves me doing it later.

Here's a reply I made to a post a while back (halfway down)

http://www.salmonfishingforum.com/forums/thread107645.html?highlight=flying+tails

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.