Salmon Fishing Forum banner

Fire tiger spinners

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  yellowbelly 
#1 ·
I was wondering why so many people use fire tiger spinners, as I haven't got a clue to what they imitate or why fish like them so much, if anyone has got any knowledge or experience with the colour, your expertise would be appreciated

#5 ·
The colour is very popular and successful in the US but not so sure over here.
Last year, I used a Mepps Aglia in this colour and it turned several Salmon and Sea Trout but they would just come up, have a look and turn away again. I would immediately swap to another Mepps and invariably, it resulted in a hook up.
I concluded therefore that from my perspective, they are not the ideal spinner for either Salmon or Sea Trout and have had the same results both at the beginning and the end of the season.

#7 ·
fire tiger rapala, deadly for both salmon and sea trout in coloured water in sizes cd7 - cd11. I've caught salmon to 20lb and sea trout to 18lb on them here in wales and lots of them over the years, i dont spin anymore but i do tye a tube fly which incorporates the same colours and this is very effective in falling water, just look at a cascade or flamethrower 2 of the most popular flies of today, both these use the same colour combinations as the fire tiger really:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.