Salmon Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been dealt with already .... I am thinking of buying a Danielsson reel ( have 2 already but both purchased before we left the EU). If I choose the vat inclusive price on their website, and pay the delivery charges quoted by them, will there be anything more to pay ie customs import duty and if so how much?
Thanks in anticipation

Geoff

· Registered
2,216 Posts

Customs is generally 2.5% but I can't remember if fishing (sporting) items are exempt. You will definitely have VAT as a standard, there will also be a handling charge from DHL (I think about £15?).

· Registered
1,929 Posts
If you pay duty, it’s a low percentage of the value. 20% U.K. VAT is less than 21% Swedish VAT, so that partly offsets the DHL handling charge. If you spend more than a threshold (which I can’t remember: ???£250???), carriage is free. When I last looked, ordering a spare spool with a reel got me over this threshold.

· Registered
4,995 Posts

Customs is generally 2.5% but I can't remember if fishing (sporting) items are exempt. You will definitely have VAT as a standard, there will also be a handling charge from DHL (I think about £15?).
Quoted in error.

· Registered
3,235 Posts
The last Danielsson I got was purchased EX VAT and DHL charged the import duty and delivery which you pay to them before they deliver. I saved £3.00 on the transaction compared to the Danielsson vat inclusive price including delivery. Probably due to the 1% difference in Swedish vat.
Even if your cost is more than the pre Brexit price they are still a fantastic bargain compared to other reels of the same quality.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts