Salmon Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 190 Posts

· Registered
10,101 Posts
Dont think so as it default opens in tapatalk.
Just had a new phone deliverd today so will fire that up and see if they work then.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Its still the same with the new phone etc. It was fine the day before the forum update and not working after.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

· Administrator
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Its still the same with the new phone etc. It was fine the day before the forum update and not working after.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
Still using Tapatalk on the new phone as well, or are you using a regular mobile browser?

~Mike D

· Administrator
2,826 Posts
Hi Brian,

Far as I know there is no longer a read receipt option and ............. Without the little red envelope icon at top right it is hard to know when you have mail. The person you message will have to click their own Avatar at top right to drop down the menu. In the menu it will show, 'Conversations' and any number displayed will represent the number of unread messages in the box.

In short, if your recipient does not manually check their mail they won't find your message.

· Registered
11,737 Posts
Hi Brian,

Far as I know there is no longer a read receipt option and ............. Without the little red envelope icon at top right it is hard to know when you have mail. The person you message will have to click their own Avatar at top right to drop down the menu. In the menu it will show, 'Conversations' and any number displayed will represent the number of unread messages in the box.

In short, if your recipient does not manually check their mail they won't find your message.
It's crap isn't it :p :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
5,870 Posts
When are you going to sort out the blank Smilies that I reported when the change happened?

Office supplies Office equipment Rectangle Space bar Font

· Registered
1,722 Posts
Since the new software was installed, I have been annoyed with the automatic Filter (top left).
If I posted something it simply didn't appear when I pressed the NEW postings button.
Just now I think I have solved it by unticking the pre-set filter (ie the unread box) and then ticking the Default box at the end of the list of filter options.
Fingers crossed.
H

· Registered
4,550 Posts
Since the new software was installed, I have been annoyed with the automatic Filter (top left).
If I posted something it simply didn't appear when I pressed the NEW postings button.
Just now I think I have solved it by unticking the pre-set filter (ie the unread box) and then ticking the Default box at the end of the list of filter options.
Fingers crossed.
H
Took me a while to figure that out too.

· Administrator
2,826 Posts
The Flying Scotsman has a thread running on this same topic. Nothing I can do but to offer the same advice you'll find in that discussion, sorry.

Ard

· Registered
117 Posts
Hi all,

Is anyone having problems with Tapatalk not displaying photos since the forum upgrade?

I've just recently upgraded my phone, so I'm not certain if it's the phone or the forum?

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

· Administrator
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Fingers crossed.
H
Clicking on NEW, by default, will take you to new unread posts.

How To Filter New Posts To Only Display Specific Section(s)

You can filter specific sections by setting a custom default filter on the new posts page.

Step 1 Navigate to the specific forum you want to focus on and click Follow Forum.

Step 2 From the navigation icons, click on NEW near the upper right-hand corner of the site.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. On the new page, click on filters.

You can adjust the filters to your personal preferences and save them as the default. Click the Filter button to save it at the bottom. :)

~Mike D

· Administrator
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
When are you going to sort out the blank Smilies that I reported when the change happened?

View attachment 89582
What device are you using? The smilies appear to be fine on my end so trying to figure out why they are showing like that for you.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Electronic device

~Mike D

· Administrator
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Hi all,

Is anyone having problems with Tapatalk not displaying photos since the forum upgrade?

I've just recently upgraded my phone, so I'm not certain if it's the phone or the forum?

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
Sadly, we have no control over Tapatalk. It's a third-party app, and they are not as adept as many would like in keeping up with stuff. As an aside, we know that folks are used to using it. That said, this forum auto-scales on devices so the need for Tapatalk is mostly comfort. :)

~Mike D

· Administrator
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
I have asked the forum moderators, how do you delete p.m's and got no answer so I thought I would ask the forum.?
Any help out there folk's.
There is no limit to the number of conversations you can have. You can keep them indefinitely. If you choose to have one no longer displayed to you within your conversations, click on the Kebab menu (three vertical dots) to the far right of the Star at the top of the conversation. Select Leave.

Once you leave a conversation, we cannot restore your access to it unless you are invited back to it.

You can do the following for leaving conversations in bulk (full page).

Open your conversation box. Add a checkmark next to the conversation title.

That will open a drop menu near the bottom. Add a checkmark to Select All.

Although you can add checkmarks next to each conversation, a drop menu near the bottom will appear once you select any. Click Choose action. Add a checkmark to Select all if you want to leave conversations in bulk (such as a full page).

Click the drop-down menu next to Choose action and select Leave conversations. Click Go.

~Mike D

· Registered
5,870 Posts
What device are you using? The smilies appear to be fine on my end so trying to figure out why they are showing like that for you.
~Mike D
I am using my normal PC running Windows 10.

141 - 160 of 190 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.