Salmon Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Trophies are awarded for reactions received, site accomplishments, etc., that you achieve on the site.

Also are there specific smilies that are missing or you would like to see added back? If so, I can see if those can be added. :)

~Mike D
Trophies sound very much like Primary school when you got a star.

Just put the smilies back like before

Before

Hair Head Chin Eyebrow Eye

Now

Hair Head Chin Eyebrow Eye

·
Administrator
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Any chance of recovering my avatar?
Cheers
Idbflytye
You can update your avatar in your profile. :)

How To Change/Update Avatar

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select Account Settings from the drop-down menu.

That will bring you to the account details page. Scroll down to your avatar.

Once you click on your avatar, click to choose your file.

When you have uploaded your chosen image, click Okay.

~Mike D

·
Registered
5,731 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Hi I’ve just done a Step by Step - for a single post you can’t attach more than 10 photos - that could be problematic for people adding multiple pictures .

Secondly on the old site, when you clicked on an image you had the ability to ‘pop it out’ and zoom in etc. For my attachments I can’t zoom into the picture - which will be super crap if you are using a mobile phone.

thanks, Patrick

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Its irksome that personal history seems to have been lost.
Every thread I look at is as if I'm looking at it for the first time so I get post #1 not the first unread post.
Also in 'recommended reading', most seem to be 10 or 12 years old.
Going to take some time for the forum to build a new history for you.
Not a show stopper, just irksome.

Software is often designed how admin expect you to use it, not as a user wants to use it. Designers are right, not users. :unsure:
Again, not a biggie, just irksome.

As posted elsewhere on 'the wrong thread' it would be useful to me if you could collapse all headings and only expand those you're interested in at the time rather than have to scroll down pages to find it.

Minor in the bigger scheme of things, but it's about a good user experience.

Edit - just found the edit button. When posting and saving an edit, I seem to have to click the button twice for the function to execute else it just sits there.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Its irksome that personal history seems to have been lost.
Every thread I look at is as if I'm looking at it for the first time so I get post #1 not the first unread post.
That will change once you hit the 'Mark all read' button for the first time. Thereafter you will be taken to the first unread post in each thread, so it's a one-off issue and won't persist.

·
Administrator
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
I believe I posted this before, but maybe I did not.
Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster takes you to the latest (newest) post.

Also in 'recommended reading', most seem to be 10 or 12 years old.
Going to take some time for the forum to build a new history for you.
Not a show stopper, just irksome.
The Recommended Reading is designed to reflect your interactions and activity on the site. Since the migration to the new software platform only happened last week, it may take some time to refelt that.

Edit - just found the edit button. When posting and saving an edit, I seem to have to click the button twice for the function to execute else it just sits there.
Thinking/hoping that was a temporary glitch when you edited one of your posts. Let me know if this continues to happen. :)

~Mike D

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster takes you to the latest (newest) post.
I know that is how it's supposed to work, and it is working for threads I've read since migration.
The point I was making is that the pre-migration history has been lost. As a result, threads Ive read regularly for weeks and months think I'm looking at it for the first time.
Also as said, not a biggie, just irksome.
They'll flush through in the next week.

Reactions: vsadmin

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
Pics still not working. Pointless trying to have a conversation when you cant see what people are trying to show you.
As said a few times, it wasnt broke and you fixed it so now it dosent work

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 118 Posts