Salmon Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
61 - 80 of 142 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
In the top left corner of my page I have this鈥ff (13)..what is it?
Can you grab a screenshot of what you are referencing? I believe it may be your browser notifying you of the alerts/notifications that you have here on the site.

With the old setup, I would start my day by looking if any of my conversations had been queried or liked - there was an icon which indicated this - has this now gone?
For your alerts/notifications, here is a guide on how to find those also.

A colored dot on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site indicates that you have alerts or new conversations (private messages). When you click on your avatar, you will see a number next to Alerts and/or Conversations, indicating how many new ones you have. Click on each to view them.

You can adjust your settings for alerts by selecting Account Settings.

Then click Preferences from the left side navigation on the new page.

Scroll to Receive a notification when someone鈥

Add checkmarks for any Alerts you want to receive.

For email alerts, scroll to Content options and adjust your settings.

Click Save at the bottom if you make any changes.

~Mike D

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Some problems - still nice to see Cloudflare in front of the forum to keep the bad boys out

A timeout occurred Error code 524

Visit cloudflare.com for more information.
2022-11-23 16:23:35 UTC
There is also daily maintenance performed on our sites, so there may have been a brief issue loading the site. All seems fine now. (y)

~Mike D

Registered
Just for a bit of balance, I'm quite happy with the change. Whatever way I use the forum it has not been rocket science to adapt. I understand some people's frustrations though. Best get used to it if this is the standard forum software used by the new owners.

Registered
Can you grab a screenshot of what you are referencing? I believe it may be your browser notifying you of the alerts/notifications that you have here on the site.

For your alerts/notifications, here is a guide on how to find those also.

A colored dot on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site indicates that you have alerts or new conversations (private messages). When you click on your avatar, you will see a number next to Alerts and/or Conversations, indicating how many new ones you have. Click on each to view them.

You can adjust your settings for alerts by selecting Account Settings.

Then click Preferences from the left side navigation on the new page.

Scroll to Receive a notification when someone鈥

Add checkmarks for any Alerts you want to receive.

For email alerts, scroll to Content options and adjust your settings.

Click Save at the bottom if you make any changes.

~Mike D
Thank you for that, I鈥檓 sure I鈥檒l get used to it eventually!

Registered
I will be here during your transition to the new platform, to help with any questions, help with navigation or how to do things, and to listen to your feedback so please don't hesitate to holler at me. I want to help. You can also check out our FAQs.

I do want to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Mike D. I was born and raised in SW Pennsylvania and currently still reside in the same small town where I grew up. I come from a large family that grew up looking out for, and taking care of, one another and we still get together quite regularly. I spend a lot of my free time with my family and close friends, mostly watching sports, particularly football, baseball and/or basketball. When able, we do like to try to get to the beach once a year, but that doesn't always happen, lol.

Please don't be afraid to explore and test out things to see how they work on the site. :)

Although you can certainly use the "insert image" icon to upload an image to your post, you can also just drag and drop it to the text editor or even copy/paste it into there!

You can easily share videos just by adding the URL directly into the text editor!

Gif links from sites like giphy.com will display automatically just by adding the gif URL directly in the text editor. Try it!

I prefer the light mode for the community, but I do believe many will prefer the dark mode. What is your favorite feature?

The new forum software is still a work in progress.

We will be seeing regular updates which are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we will be actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. We do ask that you keep any questions, thoughts or feedback about the new forum software here in the Community Feedback thread to help us keep all the information together so we don't miss anything.

There is still some work going on behind the scene so you may notice some changes as we work.
  • It can take 24-48 hours for the site to finish indexing so it may take a bit for search results to return proper results, including showing all your threads/posts under your profile.
  • We will continue to clean up the order of the sections on the full forum listings page so you might see some stuff move around.
  • We are reviewing permissions and special permission sections so let us know if you notice any issues so we can look into them.
I have worked with our community support team for almost a year, but I have worked with forums for almost 20 years now. I will do my best to answer any of your questions and if I am not able to, I can find someone who can.

~Mike D
Maybe just me , but in the fly tying comp page I can't see the current scores for October. Looks like I'm not logged in but I am.
Also looks like I can vote again, but I voted weeks ago.
Cheers
Idbflytye

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Maybe just me , but in the fly tying comp page I can't see the current scores for October. Looks like I'm not logged in but I am.
Also looks like I can vote again, but I voted weeks ago.
Cheers
Idbflytye
Can you please post a link here?

~Mike D

Registered
The first time I have looked at the site and not too impressed as it is over complicated but everything simple has to change these days to keep the bloatware writers in work, especially now Twitter and Meta don't need them.

I finally found the Alerts button to find I had been awarded 20+ Trophies!!!
What the hell are those 馃挵馃拵馃敮

And I just tried to add smilies and found a load of rubbish ones :poop:

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
The first time I have looked at the site and not too impressed as it is over complicated but everything simple has to change these days to keep the bloatware writers in work, especially now Twitter and Meta don't need them.

I finally found the Alerts button to find I had been awarded 20+ Trophies!!!
What the hell are those 馃挵馃拵馃敮

And I just tried to add smilies and found a load of rubbish ones :poop:
Trophies are awarded for reactions received, site accomplishments, etc., that you achieve on the site.

Also are there specific smilies that are missing or you would like to see added back? If so, I can see if those can be added. :)

~Mike D

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Bye the way, you've also managed to change my username.
Idbflytye
I think that you may have accidentally registered via google one-tap. We did not change any usernames, and I see it shows that you just registered today. Please let me know your original username, and I can get that fixed for you. :)

~Mike D

Registered
I think that you may have accidentally registered via google one-tap. We did not change any usernames, and I see it shows that you just registered today. Please let me know your original username, and I can get that fixed for you. :)

~Mike D
Idbflytye
Did nothing 'accidentally ' just followed the instructions when I tried to get back into the forum today.
Cheers
Idbflytye

61 - 80 of 142 Posts