Salmon Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
41 - 60 of 142 Posts

· Registered
1,663 Posts
Thus far, what a bloody disaster. The old forum was easy to navigate. This is just a mess.

On the back of this I'm removing my 'sponsorship' of the TOTM Comp. Thus far can't even find the bloody thing so why the hell would I dig in my pocket to give away an expensive bottle of Malt???
Totally agree with your recent post which has now been locked out by admin BUT regarding the flag, the hated SNP who seem hellbent on ruining our beautiful country have hijacked both the saltire and the lion rampant to the extent that displaying either now could be construed as being an SNP sympathiser.
No one could be a prouder Scotsman than me but until the voters see through these SNP sympathisers I am quite happy to show a union jack which also shows solidarity with our friends in England.

· Registered
8,698 Posts
Totally agree with your recent post which has now been locked out by admin BUT regarding the flag, the hated SNP who seem hellbent on ruining our beautiful country have hijacked both the saltire and the lion rampant to the extent that displaying either now could be construed as being an SNP sympathiser.
No one could be a prouder Scotsman than me but until the voters see through these SNP sympathisers I am quite happy to show a union jack which also shows solidarity with our friends in England.
I thought it was a fair enough question and thought the same but didn't want to bring up Flegs lol

A nationality option rather than auto select depending on your internet location might be a bit better

· Administrator
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Also, all the members on my ignore list have been reinstated.

Two-Step Authentication had also been switched off.
Some of the features may not have transferred with the migration so you would need to re-add those you had on your ignore list and reactivate the Two-step verification.

~Mike D

· Administrator
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Multiple images not loading or displaying in order chosen.
No ‘ who’s online ‘ on home page that I can see
”New " function most certainly wasn’t working earlier this morning
No most recent post title in each category displayed on home page

The list goes on , and on , and on……
The images should appear in the order in which you add them to your post.

To see who is online, there is a green dot that shows next to a member's username to indicate they are online.

Click on the Kebab (3 vertical dots) in the upper right-hand corner of the site. Then, within the drop-down menu, select Members.

This will bring you to the Members page with left-side navigation, including Online Members.

For recent posts, you can try filtering as described below.

From the navigation icons, click on NEW near the upper right-hand corner of the site.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. On the new page, click on filters.

You can adjust the filters to your personal preferences and save them as the default. Click the Filter button to save it at the bottom.

~Mike D

· Registered
15,286 Posts
The images should appear in the order in which you add them to your post.

To see who is online, there is a green dot that shows next to a member's username to indicate they are online.

Click on the Kebab (3 vertical dots) in the upper right-hand corner of the site. Then, within the drop-down menu, select Members.

This will bring you to the Members page with left-side navigation, including Online Members.

For recent posts, you can try filtering as described below.

From the navigation icons, click on NEW near the upper right-hand corner of the site.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. On the new page, click on filters.

You can adjust the filters to your personal preferences and save them as the default. Click the Filter button to save it at the bottom.

~Mike D
[/QUOTE]
They don’t.
They end up as a complete bugger’s muddle

As for multiple steps to find out who’s online , why ?
It was there as plain as your face on the old format front page.

Why bother having a ‘ New ‘ function on the the home page if what it displays is anything but new ?

· Registered
921 Posts
If you are using an iPad, you need to rotate it to horizontal as you don’t get some of the menu options whilst using it vertically.

· Administrator
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Do admin know what an Atlantic Salmon looks like?
Is this what you all would like as the header/banner image at the top of the site? I am asking the developers to fix the banner issue and would appreciate any suggestions.

~Mike D

· Administrator
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Why bother having a ‘ New ‘ function on the the home page if what it displays is anything but new ?
Clicking on NEW, by default, will take you to new unread posts. You can click on additional tabs on that page, such as Popular if you prefer to view active topics. You can also mark all as read. :)

~Mike D

· Administrator
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Yes, especially as a lot of us have forgotton what they look like!

Or use the picture of a Chinook above.
Here are a few images the developers have shared with me. Please let me know your thoughts on if one of these would be better for the site banner.

Water Fluid Plant Watercourse Marine biology
Water Liquid Fin Underwater Fluid

Water Water resources Fluvial landforms of streams Watercourse Bedrock

~Mike D

· Registered
3,167 Posts
A couple of questions:

In the top left corner of my page I have this…sff (13)..what is it?

With the old setup, I would start my day by looking if any of my conversations had been queried or liked - there was an icon which indicated this - has this now gone?

It took me a couple of years to become au fait with the old setup, I only hope to be spared long enough to reach the same level on this one….😁

41 - 60 of 142 Posts