Salmon Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
21 - 40 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
When the FFF went over to this set up my first thought was "this is sh.. less than good!" However, give it three or four days and you will get used to it.

Although, that trout :eek:

Andy
Sadly ive had use of this new layout on the worldseafishing forum which these owners run also and its still as horrible as day one after nearly a year.
The only good thing about this change is dark mode, my boss will be happy though as i doubt ill be spending anytime browsing it while at work now....

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
How To Find Conversations (Private Messages)

Near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select Conversations from the navigation menu.

~Mike D
Thank you for that information.
One other thing, there used to be a "last seen" option when you clicked on a members name. Is this still available?

·
Registered
11,656 Posts
Thus far, what a bloody disaster. The old forum was easy to navigate. This is just a mess.

On the back of this I'm removing my 'sponsorship' of the TOTM Comp. Thus far can't even find the bloody thing so why the hell would I dig in my pocket to give away an expensive bottle of Malt???

·
Administrator
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
One other thing, there used to be a "last seen" option when you clicked on a members name. Is this still available?
If you click on the name the following will pop up showing various things about the user including last seen
View attachment 89086
You should also be able to hover over the member's username in a post, if on a desktop/laptop, or tap their username if on mobile. :)

~Mike D

·
Registered
913 Posts
Can the little green alert dot that appears on your avatar in the top right hand side of the page, be changed to the colour red? The new forum theme has a very green bias.

·
Administrator
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Can the little green alert dot that appears on your avatar in the top right hand side of the page, be changed to the colour red? The new forum theme has a very green bias.
It shows as a green dot when in light mode, but should show as red when in dark mode. :)

~Mike D

·
Registered
682 Posts
Lot of us have been here a long time this is pants.
I've seen forums come and go.

MC

·
Registered
913 Posts
Thus far, what a bloody disaster. The old forum was easy to navigate. This is just a mess.

On the back of this I'm removing my 'sponsorship' of the TOTM Comp. Thus far can't even find the bloody thing so why the hell would I dig in my pocket to give away an expensive bottle of Malt???
If you click on the bullet point icon (I think that’s what it’s called) in the top right hand corner, in-between the new bubble and your avatar.

Scroll down to SFF Competitions and TOTM is there.

The new format is taking some navigating, but we’ll get there 🤞🏻

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have no problem with the new format but, that is probably because I also frequent Speypages which. uses the same format as this new one. I admit I get a little confused when I first start using a new format but eventually I figure it out. In this format the most annoying thing is if you want to edit your post you need to click the three dots in the top right corner of your original post. to get to the edit function.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Not a fan of Dark Mode, to many shades of grey.

Also, all the members on my ignore list have been reinstated.

Two-Step Authentication had also been switched off.

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
Cant see other peoples posted pics on tapatalk for some reason. Can see something if ive added it but everyone elses just looks like this

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Think I'll pass for a few weeks and come back then for a look?
Not having the last post clearly shown in the header is a bad idea for me anyway?
Reserving judgement just now, but I certainly will be using the forum a lot less now
unless the basic fundamentals of the previous format are re-instated?

·
Registered
15,271 Posts
Multiple images not loading or displaying in order chosen.
No ‘ who’s online ‘ on home page that I can see
”New " function most certainly wasn’t working earlier this morning
No most recent post title in each category displayed on home page

The list goes on , and on , and on……

21 - 40 of 118 Posts