Salmon Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Do I have to manually pick every sub section of the forum because that’ll be a pain in the arse. Why can’t I just grab the entire eg Fly Tying section or eg. Rivers section - now I have to click to follow every sub section and take off alerts etc. There must be a better way of doing this. Oh and the icon on my phone is still SAAB pig

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
We have posted a tutorial on How To Keep Your Favorite Forum Sections at the Top of the site. :)

Not sure what yu are referring to, can you please explain this a little more?

Thanks,
~Mike D
Hi Mike, the old problem of Saab pig icon has gone now.

back to favouriting sections - see attached picture
Product Font Communication Device Material property Screenshot

is there a way of following all of the fly tying section without having to follow every single section. I can do it for sub sections - but it would make life easier if I didn’t have to pick shrimp fly patterns, then feather wing patterns etc. Thanks, Patrick

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Hi I’ve just done a Step by Step - for a single post you can’t attach more than 10 photos - that could be problematic for people adding multiple pictures .

Secondly on the old site, when you clicked on an image you had the ability to ‘pop it out’ and zoom in etc. For my attachments I can’t zoom into the picture - which will be super crap if you are using a mobile phone.

thanks, Patrick

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Hi - I raised this in a previous post. If you insert a picture and choose full size rather than thumbnail or attachment - there is no way to zoom into the picture without eg. zooming overall browser window - which you then have to reset because the text goes massive etc. However, if you attach as an attachment but leave it just as an attachment - you are able to open the picture out in a new window and zoom to your hearts content. Is it possible to have an option for the image to "pop" out into a separate window so you can zoom into it if you "insert". Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks,

Patrick

This is full image - can't zoom unless you zoom your browser
Insect Arthropod Wood Grey Pest

This is thumbnail pops out nicely and can be zoomed

Insect Arthropod Wood Grey Pest

This is attachment (i think) - see attached - can pop out and can zoom.

I can't zoom into picture on Full Image without zooming browser window. That means I have to use thumbnail or attachment - which means that in normal view you can't see the picture very well unless you open it - I know it sounds lazy but to make it like the old forum can we get all formats to open into a new window.

Thanks,

Patrick

Attachments

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
On a mobile device, you should be able to either tap the image to enlarge or hold the image and a screen should appear and ask to "Open image in new tab." That is how it works on an Android device. (y)

~Mike D
hi Mike, the fix for computer works. For phones, I’m using an iPhone and it doesn’t work if you hold or select image (unless you want to download)

Rectangle Font Fish Wood Insect

1 - 6 of 6 Posts