Salmon Fishing Forum banner
41 - 60 of 182 Posts

· Registered
10,098 Posts
What a result for Saudi Arabia ! Two great goals and one of the biggest World cup shocks ever.
I was keeping an eye on it on my phone at work as i thought it would just be mesi knocking goals in. Checked at half time and it was 1-0 with a 0.6% chance of saudi winning. Checked back 15 mins later and they were 2-1 up
Was looking at the stats and said to one of the mot testers at half time " its worth a tenner on saudi here". Ive no idea how to do bets online or otherwise really and they just laughed at the idea

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

· Registered
10,098 Posts
Wales beat Iran, England beat USA leaving a nice Home Nations draw next week.
I wasnt really fussed about this world cup to start with but with the match times etc its been quite good.
Stick five live on in the workshop and can listen to 2 and a half games at work and the 2nd half of the 4pm game when on the way home or walking the dog. Some have been abit dull but beats listening to jeremy vine on radio 2.

· Registered
7,331 Posts
I wasnt really fussed about this world cup to start with but with the match times etc its been quite good.
Stick five live on in the workshop and can listen to 2 and a half games at work and the 2nd half of the 4pm game when on the way home or walking the dog. Some have been abit dull but beats listening to jeremy vine on radio 2.

R2 not always so bad Rrrr. This was about 2.30 Weds last wk

· Registered
3,709 Posts
Congratulations Iran, we didnt seem quite the team we were during the 2nd half against the USA. So we'll be going home next week. Anyway glad i've seen us at the World Cup once even if the fairy-tale did not happen. Good Luck England.

· Registered
10,098 Posts
Congratulations Iran, we didnt seem quite the team we were during the 2nd half against the USA. So we'll be going home next week. Anyway glad i've seen us at the World Cup once even if the fairy-tale did not happen. Good Luck England.
Aye, i thought you had a good chance against iran after seeing the usa game.
Bale seemed abit off today and you need him on top form really.
Shame about the red card as holding out for the draw may have been enough.

· Registered
5,046 Posts
Aye, i thought you had a good chance against iran after seeing the usa game.
Bale seemed abit off today and you need him on top form really.
Shame about the red card as holding out for the draw may have been enough.

Bale and Ramsey well undercooked. Hardly heard bales name mentioned and only heard Ramseys when he gave the ball away.
First touch terrible and short passes non-existant. Gave the ball way far to easily.

Im 58 so first time to see us at a WC.
Disappointing to see our performances.

We havent won a game since beating Ukraine to qualify.

Iran the better side by far.

Next time.......

Reactions: Rrrr
41 - 60 of 182 Posts