Salmon Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The strangest, most underwhelming world cup in history begins tomorrow.

Awful build up with attention almost wholly on corruption in football and the prejudices and human rights violations of the host country.

I would probably get a jail sentence for the spelling in the title if living over there.

Infantino's weird speech just made it even worse.

"Today I feel ...... nauseous".

I will still watch some games (particularly England) but I have no real sense of joy or excitement.

Might need a drink or two whilst watching .....

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
Anyone noticed newsreaders pronouncing it Catta? I was today year’s old etc etc. It will always be Catarrh for me (and Camilla will never be queen).

It’s the World Cup no one is excited about. Such a shame - especially at a time when we could do with something like a World Cup to entertain/lift/distract us. Whole thing is a disgrace.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
All respondents are absolutely correct but where was the pressure from MSM over the past years. All too late now that the horse has bolted.
There will not be any formal complaints from the West's leaders whilst Qatar is providing liquid Gas by the tanker full.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
I have zero interest in football but always watch the World Cup.
I will watch most sports at their pinnacle but not going to bother this time.
The whole thing stinks. Everything about it is a sham.
Fifa is a corrupt disgrace of an organisation. According to them we should be apologising for the next 3000 years. WTF???

1 - 20 of 74 Posts