Salmon Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2,765 Posts
So long as its not on the dodgy green forum background they've taken on now.;)

· Registered
2,573 Posts
Hi folks though about this idea for your rear car window just thought It would be a good advert for the forum :-D

Davy
We had them on a car forum i was a member of. The sticker peeled away just to leave the letters so you wouldnt necessarily have to have the green, just the grey lettering.

They were discreet and it was amazing the members i met over the years who spotted the sticker and introduced themselves in car parks or high streets. Maybe the same would happen on the riverbank laybys or beat carparks.

Ill see if I can find a photo

· Generally, I’m sloshed.
735 Posts
I used to have a car window sticker with a leaping fish and that simply said "salmon fisherman" and it had a sort of 3D effect so looked a bit like the fish was coming out the window in a load of spray. It The amount of fellow anglers who came over to chat (when I was stationary - obviously) was amazing. I was gutted when I changed motors and couldn't get another one.

I for one would happily employ a forum car sticker.

G

·
I personally wouldn't put a Salmon Fishing/fishing brand sticker or on my car as it could entice scumbag thieves to break in to your car if parked near a river.

Cheers Diarmid.
Same as me , I fish a couple of bits where car is left vulnerable to scumbag thieves and I try to not leave anything which indicates I am a salmon fisher. The scumbag thieves know that with a smash and grab they may have themselves a good catch and potentially a expensive reel or rod . If the car shows sign that it is a fishermans and they can see you in the distance wading in the river then they will more than likely have a go.

A lure box I have has around 30 vision 110's and rapalas in it so say £400 to replace..Same goes for boxes of flies and reels , but I have got into a habit when fishing recently of taking only what I need and trying to not leave gear in the motor even when hidden out of site..

If your car just looks like someone has parked up and taken a dog for a quick walk then less chance of being broken into..

What is annoying is that these thieves manage to sell someone's stolen gear. Would I buy fishing gear which I thought may be stolen , absolutely no chance..

· Registered
4,061 Posts
I personally wouldn't put a Salmon Fishing/fishing brand sticker on my car as it could entice scumbag thieves to break in to your car if parked near a river.

Cheers Diarmid.
This would never happen up here, the Spey Ghillies are trained to spot riff raff a mile a way, first sign of a shell suit, a base ball cap or a Glasgow accent and the 12 bore gets fired over their heads

· Well known member
8,828 Posts
I personally wouldn't put a Salmon Fishing/fishing brand sticker on my car as it could entice scumbag thieves to break in to your car if parked near a river.

Cheers Diarmid.
Spot on Diarmid.

Just asking for trouble in this day and age.

In fact I often wonder about the people who stick [eg] Rangers, Celtic badges and swinging toys etc in their cars! Wonder how many of them come back to damage or spittle etc on the motors?

· Registered
9,735 Posts
Spot on Diarmid.

Just asking for trouble in this day and age.

In fact I often wonder about the people who stick [eg] Rangers, Celtic badges and swinging toys etc in their cars! Wonder how many of them come back to damage or spittle etc on the motors?
The words "rather" and "hot needles in my eyes" come to mind.
The best way to put thieves off is to buy a Shakey Oracle and leave it on the back seat.
In fact, if you did that and left a collection tin on the bonnet, the thieves would probably take pity on you and leave a few quid.:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.