Salmon Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to have a wee meddle with this one.

Went for the lighter blue body this time and changed the tungsten black cone for a lighter silver one. Also decided to thin the hackle down a bit.
Lighter fly for a lower water I suppose. ?

Won’t bore you all with anymore on the Monkey theme!! ?

Attachments

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another braw monkey jomo :thumb: hackle is great your ribbing is very good and your wing in my opinion is Bob on :thumb: keep em coming :cool:

Arnold
Thanks Arnold. I'm learning that changing things can still produce a decent fly.
As Jockiescott said earlier today, getting out the comfort zone and being a little more creative isn't a bad thing!

· Registered
11,260 Posts
Thanks Arnold. I'm learning that changing things can still produce a decent fly.
As Jockiescott said earlier today, getting out the comfort zone and being a little more creative isn't a bad thing!
I'm still doing that myself jomo :thumb: always picking up wee ideas from other forum tyers fly's and putting your own spin on patterns, it's keeping me at the vice just now.. I've been at the vice more in the past month or so than I spent at it all last year

· Registered
5,864 Posts
Another good fly :thumb:
Just my personal thought but I would shorten the tube to at least half the length. I find with these long wing flies the fish hit the head end.
Just MHO

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cracker! :thumb:

Is the blue body a proven tying or just something you liked the look of? I do like it:)
McA, a friend has done very well on the Blue Angel the last couple of seasons. Although the primary colours are different I still think the body was a factor in him being successful with it.
On a personal note, I think the blue in colder water has a shimmering effect from my experience, and I like the look of it.
I suppose if it goes in front of a springer then it probably doesn't matter what colour the body is!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.