Salmon Fishing Forum banner

Abu Svangsta

919 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Seb600 
#1 ·
Can anyone help me with a value of this two rods? Both with not a scratch, there is no cover for spin rod, Abu atlantic still with original cover

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Good rods in their time I still have one that I use from time to time, it was my go to bass rod having landed 100s with it.
The rods must be 40/50 yes old I got mine in the 70,s along with a beachcadter.
Like everything it's only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. I'm sorry I can't give you s price but you could always test it out on eBay.

#4 ·
My first double handed salmon rod was a 12ft ABU Svangsta which I landed my first fly caught salmon on.

I tried it last season just for the sake of it. Let's just say it has a very different action to modern rods. ??

I asked in a local tackle shop once about getting it reconditioned and was told that it wouldn't cost too much to get it sorted but that was still far more than the rod was worth. I didn't go any further with that idea.

That's as much as I can tell you.

Reactions: Seb600
#5 ·
Abu spinning rods from that era are collectable and some models in good condition can fetch reasonable money on e-bay. Some like the atlantic 403 (blue colour) are still very popular as trolling poker rods and i`ve seen some on e-bay go for 50 or £60 in good condition. Seen the smaller suecia 322 that you`ve got going for around £30 on e-bay. Defo worth listing on e-bay , you never know who might be collecting those rods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.