Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Zpey service WOW!

Hi there

I thought I would share a good news story (for a fisherman that is!) I had heard alot about the new Switch HM Signature rod from zpey (11ft 8) and was lying in bed last Sunday morning when I decided to send them an email asking a few questions, where they are stocked etc.
    I expected a reply on the Monday but was very surprised when I received a full reply half an hour later on a Sunday morning from a Zpey staff member, half an hour after that I received an email from Mike in AM Angling offering any advice I needed about the rod.

I had a good chat to mike the next day and he explained that there was another Zpey 11ft switch rod from the Aspire range. Of course I could'nt decide without casting them both - NOT A PROBLEM - Mike sends the two rods and Zpey reel and line by next day courier so that I could try them side by side over the last weekend of the season.

I was simply blown away by this level of service, customer care and going the extra mile. I caught and returned a fish on the Signature switch yesterday (incidently is a very sweet rod and set up) and needless to say purchased the rod. From an initial email to receiving two rods on trial to making the purchase all within a week. I am not normally this enthusiastic when handing over £500 but if the rod lives up to the level of service I have received from Zpey and AM angling I am going to be a happy fisherman.

Thanks
    3MSW
    "Faraway rivers are always in spate!"

People always look at the cheapest price first but I think Mike is beating all these other guys due to his level of service, he is a pleasure to deal with and always sends stuff over for me to try first.
    Did you end up with the signature? What did you think of the Inspire?

great service. I really want one of them 11ft hm signature switch rods but only after getting a 12ft cross s1!!!!!!! Ahhh!!!

Both cracking rods. The sig just has a wee bit exta power on longer casts. Both are finished to a very high standard.

Mike's level of service is a beacon in the retail trade!!

Paul

Thanks for the comments and support Guys. Good luck with the rod Eoin and the Rod arrived safely today.
    In all honestly Zpey are a great company to deal with and they deserve a lot of credit, great products and great support.

I donít want to temper your enthusiasm but my experience with the Zpey company is not very good. For 2 years one of my Zpey rods broke spontaneously and because there wasnít a dealer anymore I had to contact the Zpey company itself. After 5 or 6 mails without an answer I contacted one of the field-testers and after 3 or 4 months I finally got an answer. Because my rod wasnít made anymore they offered to replace it for another one. I had to pay 100 euro to get it replaced for a rod that was about 175 pounds cheaper than my old one. I refused and didnít hear from them again. After several mails Ėit took about 5 months- they offered to replace it for a rod in the same price range. I still had to pay 100 euro handling costs but after about a year my rod was finally replaced. In one of their mails they forgot to remove their internal correspondence so I could read the nasty remarks they made on my behalf. A totally lack of respect for their customers.

I still love my Zpey rods because they are great and still own 5 or 6 but after this I will never buy another rod from them again because their customer service is one of the worst Iíve ever experienced and I think they should be glad to have very good dealers to promote their products and in my opinion they are the ones who deserve the credits for a good service, not the company.

Welcome to the forum Useless, interesting name that?
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Quote Originally Posted by Useless View Post
    I donít want to temper your enthusiasm but my experience with the Zpey company is not very good. For 2 years one of my Zpey rods broke spontaneously and because there wasnít a dealer anymore I had to contact the Zpey company itself. After 5 or 6 mails without an answer I contacted one of the field-testers and after 3 or 4 months I finally got an answer. Because my rod wasnít made anymore they offered to replace it for another one. I had to pay 100 euro to get it replaced for a rod that was about 175 pounds cheaper than my old one. I refused and didnít hear from them again. After several mails Ėit took about 5 months- they offered to replace it for a rod in the same price range. I still had to pay 100 euro handling costs but after about a year my rod was finally replaced. In one of their mails they forgot to remove their internal correspondence so I could read the nasty remarks they made on my behalf. A totally lack of respect for their customers.

I still love my Zpey rods because they are great and still own 5 or 6 but after this I will never buy another rod from them again because their customer service is one of the worst Iíve ever experienced and I think they should be glad to have very good dealers to promote their products and in my opinion they are the ones who deserve the credits for a good service, not the company.
    I can't see Mike at AM Angling behaving like this so I would think that as long as you buy from a reputable dealer (which without a shadow of a doubt AM is). then the aftercare will be fine.

Paul
    Last edited by Paul White; 11-10-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Useless View Post

Doesn't reflect my experience of them and Mike at A.M Angling goes out of his way to make sure purchasers get the right rods, by sending demo gear out to try and arranging rod testing with different lines.

I've honestly had nothing but great service from the Scandi companies like Loop, Zpey and Guideline, both in relation to purchases and warranty breakages.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast