Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: New handle !!!

Default New handle !!!

Today I visited my tackleshop and the guy (who also is a friend of mine) shouted out: YOU WERE RIGHT !!
    I asked about what ?

He said: in what you said a few years ago about Zpey's handles.......

What I said was basically: That handle will NEVER EVER be the future in salmonfishing. In the start ofcourse many will try....but the Company will find out that their sales will not be optimised among the salmonfishers (as we are traditional) - so they will swap their handle.....
    NOW they announced a new range "Traditional" for 2014 - yes - with a standard handle ;-O
    They are on their way..... ;-) In few years - they will not have any of the old handles left - that is if the firm stays in the business.

I must say a laughed loud when he told me. Zpeys Whole filosofi was the "broken" handle - and how will they tell why a traditional handle will Work too.
    Looking forward to hear that ... ;-)

I just want to say that the idea about the "broken" handle is silly - but the rods are okay and cast a fair line (with - or without the broken handle).

And of course - this was just my own "50cents".

;-)

I've recently bought one and love it and I think the concept is a clever one and does work, however I do think it is hard to turn round a very traditional industry like this one.

Interestingly talking to one of the guys in Norrises a while ago, he told me that he had built rod around 25 years ago using the same idea, it's simple mechanics allowing you to exert more pressure on the bottom handle
    I love mine

I think this is very good news for the Zpey company and I wish them well. They make some very good rod blanks, reels and line systems at very competitive prices. Having a straight handle will put them very much in the forefront of sales I think if they do their marketing well.

I mentioned the option of going straight to the UK Zpey sales manager a while ago myself.

The rod looks very good nicely finished but that handle not for me they do right to change that , there sales will go up good luck to them
    THE KING OF SILVERS

Quote Originally Posted by Henke View Post
    Today I visited my tackleshop and the guy (who also is a friend of mine) shouted out: YOU WERE RIGHT !!
    I asked about what ?

He said: in what you said a few years ago about Zpey's handles.......

What I said was basically: That handle will NEVER EVER be the future in salmonfishing. In the start ofcourse many will try....but the Company will find out that their sales will not be optimised among the salmonfishers (as we are traditional) - so they will swap their handle.....
    NOW they announced a new range "Traditional" for 2014 - yes - with a standard handle ;-O
    They are on their way..... ;-) In few years - they will not have any of the old handles left - that is if the firm stays in the business;-)
    You're right. They're never going to take off.

I only own six of them and they're flying off the shelves here, after people try them....

Frequently, a lot of negative comments are from people who have never cast with the handle and don't like the look of them..

Zpey definitely make some of the best blanks in the business, so I suppose there is nothing to be lost by offering the traditional style handle on the rods.

I'm sure zpey mooted this for years, as the sport generally is fairly conservative in attitudes to radical changes in tackle.

You're right - I don't like the handle ;-). But as I mention - the blanks are okay. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by rrw35 View Post
    You're right. They're never going to take off.

I only own six of them and they're flying off the shelves here, after people try them....

Frequently, a lot of negative comments are from people who have never cast with the handle and don't like the look of them..

Zpey definitely make some of the best blanks in the business, so I suppose there is nothing to be lost by offering the traditional style handle on the rods.

I'm sure zpey mooted this for years, as the sport generally is fairly conservative in attitudes to radical changes in tackle.