Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Line Recommended For A Zpey Infinity 13ft 3 8/9

Tried the above with a Rio Versitip in a 9 (540 grains), went ok, but a bit on the heavy side. Recommended 27 - 30g on the rod, with Henrik recommending 30g.

Anyone recommend a shooting head style line for the rod?

Aweseome rod btw, light as a feather.

You got a buyer for the kidney then

What about zpeys own fusion lines ? I bought the float, sink 0/1/2 and sink 2/3/4 all in 27gram 8/9 for my 13'3" instinct and they seem to go well.

The next one up is a 9 at 30gram.

Less than £50 from westforkfly at the minute.
    Last edited by kgm; 18-08-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    To one who has roved on the mountains afar
    Oh! For the crags that are wild and magestic
    The steep frowning glories of dark Lochnagar.

Quote Originally Posted by rrw35 View Post
    Tried the above with a Rio Versitip in a 9 (540 grains), went ok, but a bit on the heavy side. Recommended 27 - 30g on the rod, with Henrik recommending 30g.

Anyone recommend a shooting head style line for the rod?

Aweseome rod btw, light as a feather.
    Hi Ryan.

I recomend all my customers who's buying Zpey rods to use Zpeylines cause they are matched to each other, i have tried a lot of lines to my Zpey rods and Zpey lines is the best.
    I use 30 gr lines Fusion and Compact to my 13,3 Infinity and my favoriteline the Extended in 35 gr, usally i don't recomend to cut it but if you fell it to be a little bit heavy you can cut it a half meter and try.

//Mikael

I fully agree with the above, the zpey fusion lines are perfect with this rod.

Regards,
    Tom

Rio AFS Outbound 7/8 at 30g or 460 grains looks a reasonable match. Same manufacturer and less expensive when you factor in matching running line.
    Last edited by rrw35; 18-08-2012 at 04:32 PM.

For the 13'2 # 8/9 , I use a shoot ACE TIP 29gr of vision or a AFS Rio 30gr.

Quote Originally Posted by rrw35 View Post
    Rio AFS Outbound 7/8 at 30g or 460 grains looks a reasonable match. Same manufacturer and less expensive when you factor in matching running line.
    Same manufacture but not at all the same line. There are only 3 or 4 line manufactures in the world and they make all lines but with different specifications. For example with sinkinglines, the more expensive lines has a lot of wolfram in them , very expensive but you can make lines very heavy with low density, other less expensive lines uses lead instead and then you have to make a thicker line to get the same weight\inch and then it sinks less then the thinner line, specially in faster water. I am no fan of the lines with integrated runninglines, cause they take away much of the finesse with changing different heads during fishing, this is essential at for example my homeriver The byskešlv where the deapth and streamspeed is very different at the same fishingpool. Often you change line more often the flies. Offcoarse there are more good lines then zpeys, but they are specially made for zpeyrods and fits perfect to them, why make it more difficult then it allready is

Quote Originally Posted by westfork View Post
    I am no fan of the lines with integrated runninglines, cause they take away much of the finesse with changing different heads during fishing,
    How do you mean "finesse", when changing heads?

Surely there is no difference in presentation, whether the line is a multi tip with integrated running line or one without.

Get the 480g Rage - if it doesn't go like shi** of a shovel, I'll eat me hat!.

Quote Originally Posted by beanieboy View Post
    Get the 480g Rage - if it doesn't go like shi** of a shovel, I'll eat me hat!.
    where can i buy one of these lines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast