Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worming rod?

I originally thought about just using my 9í Daiwa whisker but didnít know if it would be too stiff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default ugly stick

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    Are the newer ugly sticks no good for worming ? The old ones with the glass tip section were decent worming rods.
    On the odd ocasion i use the worm i use my old tricast triune dutch feeder rod with the heaviest tip fitted and its just the job.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    had an 8 foot for 30 year. they have a glass tip the one I got on eBay very sensitive for detection nice action handle a 20 pound salmon no trouble yet still have fun with a decent trout.
    Shakespeare Ugly Stik Big Water 8.5ft Salmon & Steelhead Spinning Rod NEW 43388113900 | eBay Shakespeare Ugly Stik Big Water 8.5ft. Salmon or Steelhead spin fishing rod. This rod is model# SP 1186 2M, 2 piece, medium action, featuring a resilient graphite blank-through-handle construction with clear tip and epoxy coating for protection from UV rays, 6 stainless steel framed guides with aluminum oxide guides inserts plus tip, graphite Fuji reel seat with cushioned stainless steel hoods, classic cork handle and grip, and is rated for 8-20lb. line weight. It is excellent for freshwater or saltwater salmon or steelhead fishing and are new with five year Shakespeare manufacturers warranty.
    Created by eBay Blackthorne ver. 3.1.136.0. I bought mine for 20 pounds American ebay.Shakespeare Ugly Stik Big Water BWS 1100 Fishing Rod 7' Spinning Medium Action | eBayhttps://www.amazon.com/Shakespeare-Ugly-Stik-Bigwater-Spinning/dp/B01N6U5SX1/ref=pd_cp_200_2?pd_rd_w=ovslx&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=KBK8WRZBT6XWFVBGXPBP&pd_rd_r= e6712248-a710-11e9-a93c-6bb543d57023&pd_rd_wg=A2mmB&pd_rd_i=B01N6U5SX1&psc =1&refRID=KBK8WRZBT6XWFVBGXPBP

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...V0Iy9VNqej2748
    Last edited by davyd; 15-07-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cgaines10 View Post
    I originally thought about just using my 9í Daiwa whisker but didnít know if it would be too stiff?

Itl do the job just fine to be honest, you may pull the odd worm out a fishes mouth but it wont make a ton of diffrence.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

CG10 - I've got a virtually unused Abu Cardinal Uto 12' bait / worming rod you can have if of interest. Long story short - I bought it years ago when I had a rod on the Fyne ....just as they stopped letting rods. So it's not a modern rod ,is two piece but with fuji rings and down locking reel seat. I'd appreciate you covering the postage ... you've got first dibs but if you dont want it , offered to other members on the same terms.

Adey

Quote Originally Posted by AdeyB View Post
    CG10 - I've got a virtually unused Abu Cardinal Uto 12' bait / worming rod you can have if of interest. Long story short - I bought it years ago when I had a rod on the Fyne ....just as they stopped letting rods. So it's not a modern rod ,is two piece but with fuji rings and down locking reel seat. I'd appreciate you covering the postage ... you've got first dibs but if you dont want it , offered to other members on the same terms.

Adey
    Hi Adey,

Thatís a great gesture and Iíd love to put it to good use! Worming rod?

Iíll pm you.

Cheers,
    Chris.

Cheers Chris - replied to your pm.Hope you get some enjoyment out of the rod ....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123