Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worming rod?

The Andy Nicholson Shrimping and Worming special, class pice of kit, very very versatile too.His video's on bait and spin fishing are must see's for the all round game angler.
    Pedro.

Thatís what Iíve got . Top piece of kit . Harrisonís do the blank under ď ShrimperĒ which you can still get.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
    The Andy Nicholson Shrimping and Worming special, class pice of kit, very very versatile too.His video's on bait and spin fishing are must see's for the all round game angler.
    Pedro.
    Can you still get that rod?

Also where can I watch these videos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgaines10, try googling Andy Nicholson, there's info there aplenty, not sure if his stuffs on the net to simply watch, as Fruinfisher says Harrisons still do the blank, sure the rod itself is still kicking about out there.
    Pedro.

You can buy the dvd the occasional salmon the practical guide to game fishing on dvd on amazon sometimes I see it on ebay he fishes a small river called the Irt in cumbria good to watch if your new to the dark side

I've got a Mac martin 11ft bait rod my go to rod for higher water or salmon worm fishing, it can also handle some types of spinning, but too soft for the upstream mepp, I also have a John Wilson 11ft Avon rod for my low water worming. Hardly use them these days, but at one time.....
    Tight Lines
    Aled
    Rhywle lawr yr afon/Somewhere down the river........

Quote Originally Posted by Aled View Post
    I've got a Mac martin 11ft bait rod my go to rod for higher water or salmon worm fishing, it can also handle some types of spinning, but too soft for the upstream mepp, I also have a John Wilson 11ft Avon rod for my low water worming. Hardly use them these days, but at one time.....
    Tight Lines
    Aled
    Iíve seen that rod mentioned a lot, Iíll have to keep an eye out if one ever comes up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by cgaines10 View Post
    Iíve seen that rod mentioned a lot, Iíll have to keep an eye out if one ever comes up for sale.

There were some on ebay, its where I got mine from.
    Rhywle lawr yr afon/Somewhere down the river........

Attachment 37966depends where you fishing if power lines or trees above like where I go I find a 7 foot perfect Attachment 37965 Shimano la sath shimano Stella 4000/8 foot ugly stick I imported from Floridahttps://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&u act=8&ved=2ahUKEwj89uvKmbfjAhXynVwKHV_KA-4QFjAAegQIARAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.uglystik.com%2 Fuglystik-rods-spinning-rods%2Fugly-stik-bigwater-spinning-rod%2F1405250.html&usg=AOvVaw0IdTyY4jV0Iy9VNqej274 8
    Last edited by davyd; 15-07-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Are the newer ugly sticks no good for worming ? The old ones with the glass tip section were decent worming rods.
    On the odd ocasion i use the worm i use my old tricast triune dutch feeder rod with the heaviest tip fitted and its just the job.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast