Thanks Thanks:  37
Likes Likes:  258
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Wye 2020

Cummon Simon. Stop prevaricating and do the right thing. You can end all this at a stroke and restore some credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Bann Special View Post
    I am sorry to hear that and that goes completely against the policy we have agreed with all beats except one, and that one is not in the Hereford area. Which beat was it?

We have been offering the option of a full refund or carry forward booking for a year to all, since the 16th March.
    Simon check your emails Angling Trust have written to WUF

Quote Originally Posted by Bann Special View Post
    I am sorry to hear that and that goes completely against the policy we have agreed with all beats except one, and that one is not in the Hereford area. Which beat was it?

We have been offering the option of a full refund or carry forward booking for a year to all, since the 16th March.
    The fact that Simon Evans CEO of WUF has taken the trouble to post on this forum and hasn't mentioned 'STAY AT HOME' is disturbing to say the least. Only closing the booking office and the fishing can comply with the Governments 'STAY AT HOME' policy and this followed by a full refund for all rods booked until things are changed by the Government.

WUF policy just updated and now in line with others. Better late than never.
    "One thing becomes clearer as one gets older and one’s fishing experience increases, and that is the paramount importance of one’s fishing companions." - John Ashley Cooper

About time too - dragged kicking and screaming into line?

That's a very embarrassing and spectacular u turn.
    Egg on their face, probably an ostrich one.
    Last edited by golantman; 26-03-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Please can you pm me which beat and when. This is a serious issue that I would like to take up with my staff.
    Last edited by Bann Special; 26-03-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Reliable report of a 10lb fish from the Wye below Hereford on the 24th. No further details and may not be any at present for perhaps obvious reasons.

1st of season caught today, 10lb bar of silver from a middle wye beat by a WSA member. Best we leave the name off!
    Last edited by Bann Special; 26-03-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Its likely that any fish caught off the Wye at anytime would be caught by a WSA member as quite a high percentage of Wye rods are WSA members. So no news there then Simon?

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast